Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

A disgrace to Doom

I spotted a couple of green pinkies in an advertisement on idgames. It appears that Doom has been cheapened to 3rd rate internet advertising.

An absolute travesty.

Mutants? Those are hellspawned demons if I ever saw them! Also: Creaphis, you owe me $5.

Report it to id, maybe they'll sue over inappropriate use of their resources or something.

Also, AdBlock Plus, ever heard of it?

Stilgar said:

Report it to id, maybe they'll sue over inappropriate use of their resources or something.

Also, AdBlock Plus, ever heard of it?

While were at it we might as well get rid of everything on the archives because it uses id's stuff.

JohnnyRancid said:
While were at it we might as well get rid of everything on the archives because it uses id's stuff.

Not really, because id allow that as long as the add-on requires their game and doesn't otherwise infringe their license. A commercial product would infringe it.

Well, I was happy to see my wad in the link, but

TheCupboard said:

Also: Creaphis, you owe me $5.

now I'm not so sure. Perhaps TheCupboard feels that my attempt at wad making is the true travesty.

esselfortium said:

Very carefully.

apparently not carefully enough, as i see them as demons. though green.

TheCupboard said:

Mutants? Those are hellspawned demons if I ever saw them!

Yeah, they're mutant demons. Unfortunately somebody already did a mutant imp for the beastiary, which looks like a rather poor edit unfortunately. Those green monsters from the ad are better.

I would agree, this should probably be reported. This might just be me, but I feel like this is really disrespectful to Doom. I wonder how much other shit this Gamevance steals from people.

myk said:

id allow that as long as the add-on requires their game and doesn't otherwise infringe their license. A commercial product would infringe it.

"SWAT Assault" is ad-supported software where the hook for players is the chance to win prizes - "Each Game has a Daily Prize winner, so there are many chances to win. Members select their desired prize from a list of prizes such as iPods’s, Cell Phones, Gift Cards, etc…".
Looks and smells like a commercial product to me.

myk said:

Not really, because id allow that as long as the add-on requires their game and doesn't otherwise infringe their license. A commercial product would infringe it.

Does "SWAT assault" even include those mutant pinkies in the actual game, or is this just the usual ad-banner randomness, like e.g. those trojan downloader ads with Mario or SOnic? Unfortunately I'm too lazy to register and try it myself.

Yeah, I bet the mod doesn't even exist. It's likely that the guy who made the ad for the adware service just slapped some DOOM stuff in there for kicks because it looks cool.

GreyGhost said:
Looks and smells like a commercial product to me.

Right, I said that to contrast this thing against the usual contents of idgames.

Maes said:

Does "SWAT assault" even include those mutant pinkies in the actual game, or is this just the usual ad-banner randomness, like e.g. those trojan downloader ads with Mario or SOnic? Unfortunately I'm too lazy to register and try it myself.

Gamevance is Adware.

wtf has S.W.A.T. even to do with supernatural, green demonic creatures from hell, along with a futuristic plasma rifle? :D

It looks like the actual game (SWAT Assault 2) rips off graphics and models from Counterstrike as well. 99% of the games look like pathetic rip-offs of other more popular games. These guys are just retards.

I made a fake account and tried to play the "Free online game", but it redirected me to an installer. Didn't feel like running it and getting my PC clogged with shitware, so if anyone wants to run it on a virtual PC or something, go ahead. A quick Google search (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=gamevance) reveals they've been nailed for distributing spyware/invasive adware.

udderdude said:

It looks like the actual game (SWAT Assault 2) rips off graphics and models from Counterstrike as well. 99% of the games look like pathetic rip-offs of other more popular games. These guys are just retards.

Sounds like you'd have more fun warezing Ethnic Cleansing or ZOG nightmare (both of which are pure dog shit).

Maes said:

Sounds like you'd have more fun warezing Ethnic Cleansing or ZOG nightmare (both of which are pure dog shit).

Or just playing some games that don't suck ass through a straw.

TheCupboard said:

I spotted a couple of green pinkies in an advertisement on idgames. It appears that Doom has been cheapened to 3rd rate internet advertising.

An absolute travesty.

Mutants? Those are hellspawned demons if I ever saw them! Also: Creaphis, you owe me $5.

You are aware that game is not made or licensed by id, right? (I think) because I dont think that would fly with them. I think that flash ad is made by some really weird and bored people.

printz said:

MTV Hits has a crunching green cacodemon!

Holy shit. I'm actually turning on MTV right now to see when that's on.

I've also seen one where they had two green imps as well, id really should be contacted about this, because they're pretty stealing their work right there lol.

printz said:

MTV Hits has a crunching green cacodemon!

And holy crap thats awesome lol.