Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

New Map E1M1:Reloaded

Hey.

Just played through your level. And I gotta say, it was actually pretty good. The gameplay was intense for the most part, really enjoyable and challenging. The layout and the design were very good as well. Lots of good ideas here. Damn! I liked it a lot. In terms of style and gameplay, it actually reminded me a lot of a Dutch Devil style level..

Now to the criticisms.
The only thing that spoiled the level for me was the many misaligned/misplaced textures. I felt like the level just needs some polish, a bit of work overall to neaten it up.

The only other thing I would say is that it really didn't remind me much at all of E1M1. Well, it sort of did, but not so much that you couldn't just call it something else and releasing it as a standalone level. I mean, plasma guns, rockets, hard hitting Doom 2 monsters, these are not things that come to mind when you say "E1M1".

Anyway, its a pretty good level, all in all. Gameplay was excellent. Keep up the good work.

The level is very good. I mean it is very colorful, very detailed, very diverse and the gameplay is great too. There are only a few flaws: after you get the yellow key you don’t know where to go next in several situations, but after some minutes of thinking it goes on. Try to fix the misalignments too. Also: don’t use Word, use the “.txt“ for your description and next time you release a level and tell about it here on Doomworld make sure to show some screenshots.

Here is my favorite from this level:

I like to see more levels from you! Have you ever created other levels than this one?

Yes but they all sucked in my opinion. This is the first map i have made in 3 years, and it seems the break has payed off. Im starting to get ideas together for my next map. Thanks for the positive response!!!

How many times do you think it's necessary to completely disappear from the internet >:[

From the helipad near the start you can easily walk onto one of the smaller crates (sector 1279) Behind it looked a likely place to hide a secret, so over I went.

However all I found was that I couldn't get back out :)

Also please consider using zip instead of rar and plain text files. Thanks.

Deeforce said:

@Flesh420:
Do you plan to improve your wad or let it be as it is? ... You may want to release it here
when finished.

Yes I went threw it and fixed all of the texture misallingments (I think i got them all). I keep trying to upload to the archives but I keep getting 5 users already logged in try again in 10 mins, I tried all day yesterday and could not upload it to the incomeing folder. Im using Filezilla btw.

I use FileZilla too. Just belt on the server over and over again and after the 15th try it should work and if it doesn’t then quit your firewall and try it again 15 times. That is how it works for me :-P ! ... You have to upload your zip file and your txt. I think you can only upload 1 file at one try. Upload the zip file first, then the txt (the txt is not that much important, if you can’t upload the txt, because the txt should be in your zip file, so the moderator will take this instead, but try to upload the txt too)... Try it and if it doesn’t work, then another person can easily upload it for you.

Have you changed the link on the first post to the latest version of this map? If so, I wouldn't mind playing through the latest version. :)

“Sat Jan 3 01:33:36 PST 2009 Rejected reloaded.rar because: zip files only“

Your file has been rejected. You need this to compress your data (the shareware program is all you need I think). Don’t use rar. Wanna try it again? I really wanna see this wad in the archives!

Ya ill try it again, but ill do that after I go back threw it and fix some more things that I missed again. Thanks for letting me know!

*junior bump

Had another playthrough the newest version of reloaded. it is a good level. lot of stuff fixed, but there are still a few things that I will bring up for future reference, coz you are probably done with this map by now. Hope this helps.

Here and here. The easiest way to fix misalignments like this, where the bottom of a window aligns and the top doesn't is to put the unpeg upper and unpeg lower texture flag on. The texture will then render from the floor and the ceiling, and not the top and the bottom of the window/inset area.

Where textures do not meet very well, you can always put a "support" texture between them. Something like this becomes this, just for example.

Around columns and stuff, sometimes a border between floors and ceilings works well. Like this perhaps.

Alignment here

this inset computer bank I really liked. This level had many original design ideas, and lots of cool stuff like this.

The scrolling wall near the spiderdemon, behind the flesh hole in the wall, only two of the three sides of the little room in there are scrolling. The rear wall does not.

Anyways, great level, hope to see more down the track.