Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
signofzeta

Which doom monster makes you laugh when you see it?

I thought the Pain Elementals looked hilarious. They have the one wide open eye that looks eternally locked in a thousand yard stare and a mouth that looks pretty goofy when it's not open wide throwing Lost Souls at you.

Morpheus said:

The back view of the Cyberdemon makes me laugh a lot...

Maes needs to make an appearance in this thread!

Yeah demons/spectres as well as lost souls make me laugh in terror on fast mode, because they're just as fast as you. If you let them get to you they'll tear you to shreds in a few short seconds, and not many monsters are that challenging or scary when they chase you. For instance, try playing Wolfenstein on -fast and see what happens...

walligig said:

I think the pinky demon on nightmare mode is pretty hilarious too. there so fast and when they start chasing you its like running from your neighbors bulldog after he snaped his chain.

that's damn true. the hilarious part is over within seconds when they get you cornered.

I laugh when I catch a lost soul in my chainsaw.

For some reason, I find it funny when a lost soul jumps in front of my RL and splatters me.

r_rr said:

For some reason, I find it funny when a lost soul jumps in front of my RL and splatters me.

Actually, killing lost souls and pain elementals with a rocket launcher is already funny.

I'm personally a fan of incidents in which a monster has pissed off an archvile, and so the archvile kills it, and ends up immediately resurrecting it again, only to have the monster accidentally hit the archvile, thus leading to the cycle starting all over again.

Nuxius said:

I laughed once when a marine killed a Cyberdemon.

Me: That must have been some bullet!

:p

LOL epic.

I think the stupidest death of the cyberdemon that i witnessed was in tower of babel on Nightmare...a lost soul rushed him in the back and he died.

As for the monster that make me laugh when i see it lets see hum...probably the infighting and the revenant punch. **

StupidBunny said:

I think I find demons funnier in general, though, just because they look so silly when there's a whole cluster of them running around in circles and getting in each others' way and all that. And then they're not very smart...they seem to zigzag around a lot and even run the wrong way sometimes before they can get to you. And something about their hunchy posture and stupid expression only adds to it.

I've always assumed they were some type of domesticated predator. They're much less expressive than the other demons, and they seem to move in packs a lot.

i think the demons are the funnier. as well as looking funny they have a hard time chasing me. if they get close they always miss the bite. it's really funny...

I'm not sure about the funniest monster, but the funniest thing that can happen is when a Zombieman gibs itself by being lured into it's fire sequence and then shooting a barrel.

Lich said:

Maes needs to make an appearance in this thread!

There you go.

As for the funniest monster...well...I think it's the Pinkies: they walk in such a ridicolous manner, their side-view in the middle of an attack also looks silly and their death sound sounds like a pig dropping unconcious. Their attacks also look ridicolous because they typically miss their target by a mile, because they attack so slowly that the target has walked away but they complete the attack sequence anyway. Even more funny if they happen to *misdirect* their bites and cause infighting. Also....

...well....

...that's it.

...yeah....

...still reading?

OK dammit, they also have a cute, pink, hairless butt that almost rivals that of the adorable Cybies. There.

I also laugh at the SS nazis because they look out of...well....pretty much everything: scale, shape, voice...they look like toy soldiers.

rf` said:

The revenant is wearing pants.

And don't forget, the Cacodemon and the Pain elemental both have a poop chute. I always laugh when I fire at their behinds, right-on.

If you're too busy laughing, the monster will be also busy killing you. So you really shouldn't, unless it's a joke wad and you have cheats on :p

I saw something today that I have never seen before in all the time I have played Doom. (At least not that I recall)

An Imp splattered a zombieman. I didn't think Imps could even do that. The zombieman had already taken a couple of pistol round from me, and in return it took a shot and hit an imp. And seeing as I always look to make monsters infight if I can, I let the imp kill it. And the imp gibbed it!!

Thought that was pretty funny. And also impossible. But funny too.

Imps gibbing zombies - that I haven't seen. One of my favourite "WTF!" moments was when a pack of imps cornered and took down a spiderdemon after it accidentally sprayed them.

I've seen it a couple times. Both by fireball and by claw.

EDIT: speaking of gibbing monsters, is it possible to gib a zombie man with a shotgun? (or any bullet weapon for that matter) I think I've done it once before in Map03 with a super shotgun, the pistol guys in front of the first elevator. I can barely remember though. I'll have to take a peek at the doom wiki.

JohnnyRancid said:

EDIT: speaking of gibbing monsters, is it possible to gib a zombie man with a shotgun? (or any bullet weapon for that matter) I think I've done it once before in Map03 with a super shotgun, the pistol guys in front of the first elevator. I can barely remember though. I'll have to take a peek at the doom wiki.

Not possible. For a monster to be gibbed, it has to reach a negative amount of health with an absolute value as high as its initial health (ie. to gib a zombie with 30 initial hp, an attack must push it to -30 hp or lower for it to be gibbed). You might expect the 200 damage done by an SSG blast to lower a 30 hp zombie's health to -170, but the damage done by pellets is calculated individually instead of altogether. In this series of individual calculations, after one pellet lowers the zombie to below 0 hp, the monster stops being shootable and the rest of the pellets hit whatever was behind the zombie instead of further lowering its health.

So does that mean that it is impossible to gib any standard doom/doom2 monster with anything below a rocket launcher (except fists in beserk mode) as the power of one hit will not be enough. This isn't true with the plasma gun though is it? as i'm sure ive gibbed many zombies and imps with it. (on a completely different subject, the spacebar on my keyboard has broken and since i'm broke and can't afford a new one i'm having to copy and paste spaces, is there an easier way to do this?)

PhilibusMo said:

So does that mean that it is impossible to gib any standard doom/doom2 monster with anything below a rocket launcher (except fists in beserk mode) as the power of one hit will not be enough.

Yes it does.

PhilibusMo said:This isn't true with the plasma gun though is it? as i'm sure ive gibbed many zombies and imps with it. [/B]

It's still true with the plasma gun. If a zombie's health is low enough, and if a single plasma shot randomly does enough damage, then the zombie can be gibbed. Imps have too much health for this to be possible, though, so if you believe you've gibbed imps with the plasma rifle you're mistaken.

PhilibusMo said:

(on a completely different subject, the spacebar on my keyboard has broken and since i'm broke and can't afford a new one i'm having to copy and paste spaces, is there an easier way to do this?)

Keyboards are cheap. In the meantime, maybe there's a keyboard driver you can find that would let you remap keys, or maybe you could type your posts in a word processor, using a rarely-used character in place of spaces and then run a "find and replace" to change them to spaces.

You can also go to start > programs > accessories > accessibility > Onscreen Keyboard, and type with your mouse.

I love shooting a Mancubus with the single barrel shotgun because it's so fast that sometimes the Mancubus doesn't have time to shoot back and it just spins around on the spot making noises.

666442 said:

I love shooting a Mancubus with the single barrel shotgun because it's so fast that sometimes the Mancubus doesn't have time to shoot
back and it just spins around on the spot making noises.

LOL, that reminds me of when revenants punch the shit out of mancubi: they punch them so fast that it appears like the revenant is lashing out, and the mancubus does nothing more than sit/spin around just grunting until it dies.

Sometimes this works vs other monsters too, so I laugh when I see a "pissed off" revenant taking down a hell knight (depends on timing/pain chances though) or even two in a row.