Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

/me creams his jeans.......

Oh baby.....I finally got my SBLive! today. I got the value card, no use getting all that software I won't use.

Let me say that...DAMN!....just the drivers that came with it are kickass (definitely better than my crappy Riptide!). I can't wait to try out sound fonts on it!

Which brings me to my next thing....my cache only goes up to 32.0 MB, yet the Siverspring sounfont which I downloaded is about twice that size. Do I need to increase my cache some way? Zaldron....HELP!!!!!! I'M SORRY I CALLED YOU A PERFECTIONIST!!!!! :)

To get this on DOOM related note, I've cracked open various WADs via WinTex, and, again....DAMN!.....MM Map05 is just FABULOUS!!!!! (on the A driver)

AudioHQ -> SoundFont -> "Options" Tab -> Soundfont cache slider.

That's on the XP drivers, but it's sorta like that.

Ummmmm....I already did that, and I just said it only went up to 32 megs. Guess I'm fucked then. Oh well...the current drivers kick enough ass. Thanks anyway.

Well fuck, go buy more RAM. It's too damn cheap to not to. A 256 megs boost right now is much better for you than buying a P4/Athlon XP

I'm amzed why I haven't done so yet. Buying the SB kinda delpleted my wallet again though, and I don't work either :(

well, you can't say we didn't tell you so. Almost everyone told you to get the RAM when you polled, and you went ahead and got the SB! first anyway. Priorities, Crendo, prioritise. That RAM would make such a difference, how do I know, because I'm on back on 65536 after adding some and then (reluctantly) giving it back the other day.

I have an SBLive, just not in my PC. It locks up with everything I use it in (games, movies, music). It's not the card either. I tried 3 different cards, and all drivers. I just have a sweet card for when I upgrade my board and chip! :)

My SBlive value card came with this computer when I got it a bit over a year ago.

Yeah, I agree. I have an SBLive! Value too, great card, on the other hand, I probably would of got some more ram tho.. but the card is still good

Bah, I have a SoundBlaster Pro and 16 megs of RAM. Beat that! Well I know there are plenty of people out there with computers like mine (rather slow ones) and it really sucks having one.

I have an SBLive, just not in my PC. It locks up with everything I use it in

Yeh, ya fool! It will lock up! It has to be in the PC :)

The amount of soundfont you can load into memory is limited to exactly half of what you currently have in your system, minus half a megabyte. That is, with the lousy drivers that come with the SBlive.

First of all, if you plan on using any but the crappiest soundfonts, you have no choice but to get more memory. I recommend getting a 256MB chip.

Almost everyone told you to get the RAM when you polled, and you went ahead and got the SB! first anyway.

Actually...no I didn't. Doesn't make much sense to ask what I should get if I've already gotten something else.

lousy drivers

I oughtta shoot you right now.

I wish there was some way for author's of threads to have an option to block specific users.

Were you to somehow AndrewB from posting, I suspect that any new wads you upload to 3darchives will be forever ignored.