Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zro

EDGE extrafloors

Could someone tell me (or point some tutorials) how to make extrafloors with EDGE. I also liked to get some info how to use RANDOM_SPREADER and FIXED_SPREADER attacks. (I didn't find it from DDF docs)

RANDOM_SPREADER is as easy as replacing PROJECTILE with it. that's all you need to do. I haven't tried FIXED_SPREADER with a weapon yet.

Actually i tryed that, but i didn't notice any diffeerence. I was trying to create a cacodemon, that would shoot three fireballs on different directions. I have seen this done with a deh-file on vanilla doom.

Come on! Over 20 people have looked at this thread. Doesn't anyone know how to make extrafloors?

Not that many people edit EDGE I'm afraid :( Try e-mailing someone who you know does, like Fanatic (marcpullen@mindspring.com) or Espi (esa.repo@phnet.fi).

I'm sure I've seen a tutorial about extra floors somewhere. I think it was on the EDGE web page.
If not, you can always download the sample wad at the edge web site and have a look at it in a level editor to see if you can figure it out.
I made one once, and if I can do it anyone can!!

Create a sector. Create another sector in that sector. Tag the inner sector 1. Create a control sector outside the existing 2. Lower the control sector's ceiling to something like 64. Raise the control sector's floor to something like 48. Tag one line of the control sector 1 and give it special #400. And w00t you should have a 3d floor.

I checked the 8floor test level, and i think i understand how it works.

Actually i tryed that, but i didn't notice any diffeerence. I was trying to create a cacodemon, that would shoot three fireballs on different directions. I have seen this done with a deh-file on vanilla doom.

FIXED_SPREADER works in the following manner:

First step in the attack: RESET_SPREADER. Always. Trust me.

Next: FIXED_SPREADER. First time is centered, second time is 15 degrees to the left, then 15 degrees to the right, then 7.5 degrees to the left, then 7.5 degrees to the right, and then it repeats. (I think. It's something like that, at least.)

So in this case you'd do RESET_SPREADER, then three of FIXED_SPREADER, and that'd complete the attack.