Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ka3ak

looking for an old wad

hi, i'm looking for an old shareware wad for doom 1. essentially it replaced all the sounds with explicit phrases such as "don't give me the finger or i'll %&^*ing have you killed", and "d*ck, d*ck, d*ck" whenever a deamon was near. it came on a walmart disk titled 99 games on one CD. here's a youtube video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVNK6E4gZPU&feature=channel_page

i've been looking for this for a while, any help is appreciated.

Grazza's back now, he'll have it.

Edit: Okay, after posting I watched it, and... you seriously want to find this? I understand nostalgia, but I'd rather not have chicken pox again.

Edit: Apologies. Didn't think it through. However,

The submitter of those videos doesn't even bother telling anyone in the descriptions that those sounds are from an external user-made wad. Any random person who clicks on those videos and has never played doom before is going to think that the real game sounds retarded, thus scaring off potential players.

Edit: also Windows MIDI. ASDF

rf` said:

If these are your videos, I seriously fucking hate you.

You don't even bother telling anyone in your descriptions that those sounds are from an external user-made wad. Any random person who clicks on those videos and has never played doom before is going to think that the real game sounds retarded, thus scaring off potential players.

Edit: also Windows MIDI. ASDF

woah there tiger. those are not my videos. how about you be a little more civil in your replies? you seriously need to check your attitude. anyway, i found the wad, thanks for replying everyone.

Appears to be a typical mid-90's sound wad - most of which should be encased in concrete, labelled as hazardous waste and dumped in the Marianas Trench.

rf` said:

major reading comprehension fuckup

Dude, if the guy had the sound wad in question, he wouldn't post here asking for it, right? He just pointed to a video that happened to be using it (whatever the chances).

Ka3ak, about your sound wad, unless you have some more clues about its name, size or date, it's going to be hard to find in a sea of similar (and in general) crappy sound replacements from 1994. Have you bothered asking the video owner?

ka3ak said:

i found the wad, thanks for replying everyone.

LOL, I don't read too well either, apparently...can you link to it, out of curiosity? Was it in idgames?

Maes said:
LOL, I don't read too well either, apparently...

Not to mention rf` had also apologized :p

Maes said:

Dude, if the guy had the sound wad in question, he wouldn't post here asking for it, right? He just pointed to a video that happened to be using it (whatever the chances).

Ka3ak, about your sound wad, unless you have some more clues about its name, size or date, it's going to be hard to find in a sea of similar (and in general) crappy sound replacements from 1994. Have you bothered asking the video owner?

LOL, I don't read too well either, apparently...can you link to it, out of curiosity? Was it in idgames?

the poster of those videos emailed it to me haha, great minds think alike, huh?

ka3ak said:

the poster of those videos emailed it to me haha, great minds think alike, huh?

OK, but is it something already existing in the archives? Filename + size?

Maes said:

OK, but is it something already existing in the archives? Filename + size?

doom1.wad (5,457,364 bytes), i'm not sure how that'll help you, it was just sound-modded 1.6 beta shareware.

Probably the result of someone fucking around with DMAUD on the main WAD file then. Interesting to note that there is/was at least one tool that allows modifying the shareware IWAD. The real WTF is how this found its way on a pressed CD...

Maes said:

Interesting to note that there is/was at least one tool that allows modifying the shareware IWAD.

Most tools can probably mod the SW IWAD.