Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Wads based on/off Real Locations/Places? And other locations...

I wonder if anyone here could point out any wad that are based on from real locations/places in the world? I do know that the upcoming Dawn of Reality is one of them (I wonder if Reinchard666 is still even working on this wad? or s/he just abandoned it like I usually see with anticipated wads like Happy Time Circus 2 for example) which is based on a real city where Reinchard666 lives (somewhere in Europe) but I wonder there's anymore?

I also wonder if there's any wads that are also based on locations from movies especially horror films? (since I do know that a Overlook Hotel Map was made for Duke Nukem 3D called Redrum but I wonder there's a Doom map based on the Overlook Hotel (or someone could make one)? Not to mention that the Evil Dead cabin appears in Happy Time Circus 2 for those who played the beta testing wad)

As for wads based on locations from other games I do know that there's exist a poorly made Stauf Mansion map from the 7th Guest and 11th Hour aswell.

Hoover Dam, Circus Maximus, Enter if You Dare, The Unholy Trinity, Carreg Cennan Castle, Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Pavilion, DIIE! and a couple of maps in Forest Wad spring to mind. There's more I can't recall the names of - one based on the Leaning Tower of Piza and another based on an architect-designed house.

For wads based on other games you can start with Space Hulk Doom.

EDIT - jogged my memory and found two more.

Some of Fragport's maps are based off real/fictional places/games:

map 03 (the villian's hideout in "A View to a Kill", the Bond film)
map 09 (Volcano Valley Zone act 2/3 in Sonic 3D Blast)
map 11 (inspired by the bunkers at Dover Castle, UK)
map 17 (Warrington Laser Quest, UK)
map 25-27 (arenas in XS, the gladiatorial FPS game)
map 32 (layout and format of "The Crystal Maze", the TV gameshow)

I've also got a map in Serpent that contains a replica of a place I visited in India last autumn.

And this map is based off a place just a few mins walk from me...beat that :P