Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Georgef551

Oldies but Goodies: Stoners on The Price is Right

So they go on the show and have a little fun with numbers that reference weed, what's the harm? :-)

This is actually what is on TV in America? This reminds me of "The running man" minus the bloodshed of course.

kristus said:

This is actually what is on TV in America? This reminds me of "The running man" minus the bloodshed of course.

This is why I stopped watching TV.

kristus said:

this is an old old oooold show. it still looks old. it is a 1970s gameshow still hobbling on it's remaining leg.

Actually this is (IMO) the only game show that truly had a place on TV. It aged really gracefully and still had it's edge after sooo long. Family Feud and Press Your Luck on the other hand...

Most game shows (doubling as reality shows or not) are crap. The premise is simple and dull, and it doesn't take long before they have to throw in "surprises" which after about once or twice join the monotony themselves. Price is Right is really one of the few, along with Jeopardy, that really age quite well and are fun to watch time after time. Its not terribly boring, its not at all predictable: every once in a while people do actually win something quite huge but you never know when until it happens, and it doesn't take itself incredibly seriously. Basically its good fun on television. I like it, and on those mornings when I simultaneously have nowhere to be and happen to be awake at the time, I'll watch it because its probably the best television I'll happen to see that day, or possibly that week.

That mountain climber game was always my favorite. The suspense is palpable as that guy slowly moved ever closer to the top, never knowing whether he was going to stop at the edge or continue onward and fall off.

MikeRS said:

So they go on the show and have a little fun with numbers that reference weed, what's the harm? :-)

I think it's funny, actually. CBS doesn't think so. :)

Csonicgo said:

this is an old old oooold show. it still looks old. it is a 1970s gameshow still hobbling on it's remaining leg.

That was done on purpose. They don't want to upset those who've been watching the show since the '70's, and '80's. They also know that the existing formula worked, and when something works, don't mess with it. I wish Fremantle could figure that one out (they screwed a lot of things up since Bob left). This show is leterallly passed down from generation to generation. It's mostly college kids that are on there now. Back in the day, even to the late '80's, it was mostly housewives that played.

John Smith said:

Most game shows (doubling as reality shows or not) are crap. The premise is simple and dull, and it doesn't take long before they have to throw in "surprises" which after about once or twice join the monotony themselves. Price is Right is really one of the few, along with Jeopardy, that really age quite well and are fun to watch time after time. Its not terribly boring, its not at all predictable: every once in a while people do actually win something quite huge but you never know when until it happens, and it doesn't take itself incredibly seriously. Basically its good fun on television. I like it, and on those mornings when I simultaneously have nowhere to be and happen to be awake at the time, I'll watch it because its probably the best television I'll happen to see that day, or possibly that week.

Aggreed. Producers today care for the the big bucks, and little substance, plus, Price switches up the 74 pricing games they play on the show, so it doesn't get boring. Also, they add a new game every year, in the 37'th season, "Gas Money" was added, where you can win a new car, and $10,000 cash.

Ichor said:

That mountain climber game was always my favorite. The suspense is palpable as that guy slowly moved ever closer to the top, never knowing whether he was going to stop at the edge or continue onward and fall off.

It's an easy game to win, and I think they do that on purpose (similar to Range Game). The first prize is usually $20, second about $30, and third, about $45. Stick with it, and 99% of the time, you'll win.
The best thing that happens when someone gives some really bad, off-the-wall bid on one of the small prizes. THERE GOES FRITZ!!

Bloodshedder said:

Learn to combine your posts, damn it.

Too difficult to do with this board, and how it operates. When it runs smoothly, I CAN do it, but that's rarely the case.
The other DooM site has the "In-Post" editing ability (not to be confused with the Quick Reply ability) that makes lumping reponses together very easy.

These forums are not friendly enough to make it happen about 90% of the time.

============ Topic-Related Crap ==============
Oh, yeah, a small sailboat costs about $89,000 acording to one Push Over contestant. Needless to say, she was soooooo wrong. Ironically, she won the Showcase Round, off by $9,000 even. She only won because the other guy went over on his showcase. Lucky dumbass.

Danarchy said:

The Price is Right is awesome. You all know you want to be on it.

Damn right. Even though I came down with pneumonia one summer while visiting a convention of game show nuts, I enjoyed being in the Price is Right audience. Surely it's an experience somebody has to do once.

These guys remind me of the videos on sgsa.gameshowvideos.com. Makes you wonder how some of these people survive in the real world.

Georgef551 said:

Too difficult to do with this board, and how it operates. When it runs smoothly, I CAN do it, but that's rarely the case.
The other DooM site has the "In-Post" editing ability (not to be confused with the Quick Reply ability) that makes lumping reponses together very easy.

These forums are not friendly enough to make it happen about 90% of the time.

What a cop out, stop being so damn lazy.

TonicBH said:

Damn right. Even though I came down with pneumonia one summer while visiting a convention of game show nuts, I enjoyed being in the Price is Right audience. Surely it's an experience somebody has to do once.

I'd like to do it, too. Then again, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Oh, well. :)

===========================================

Quoting something immature:
What a cop out, stop being so damn lazy.

No, the can't lump posts isn't a cop-out. Most of the time, the board goes DEAD, and I lose everything. As I said, IF I CAN LUMP THE POSTS, I DO. The board was too laggy, and actually killed the borwser a couple times. This time, you see it's lumped, because IT'S WORKING CORRECTLY this time.