Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Hellspawn

Runescape

If you play Runescape, what level is your highest character (in f2p)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If you play Runescape, what level is your highest character (in f2p)

• 3 to 20
    • 21 to 40
    • 41 to 60
    • 61 to 80
    • 81 to 100
    • 101 to 126

I'm just curious to see if anyone plays Runescape. Right now, I have a level 92 character, but I really only go on him to waste time fighting other players (the rest of the game stinks). If anyone wishes to add me, just tell me your name.

If you think the game is lame, please don't criticize me for playing it. I don't want to start a flamewar.

I used to play, stunk after Grand Exchange, left at 99 with a balanced warrior type (80att+def, 90 str), but nothing more, never to be brung cause it's just not good.

-Edit
Also a memb.

I was level 103 (or 104, can't remember which), but when I became a F2P player, I went down to 98 or something. I just couldn't find anything to do on the game anymore. I guess I wouldn't mind going back to members for a while since there's a lot more quests, and what-not, to do.

I don't play much at a given time; Usually a month then stop for about six-to a year.

Dreadopp said:

I was level 103 (or 104, can't remember which), but when I became a F2P player, I went down to 98 or something. I just couldn't find anything to do on the game anymore. I guess I wouldn't mind going back to members for a while since there's a lot more quests, and what-not, to do.

Yeah, there have been a few new releases.

I'm sure you have heard of the Corporeal Beast? It's a monster that's even deadlier than Jad; having twice the HP of a Baron of Hell (and can hit almost as hard too).

Or you could try the first GM Quest, While Guthix Sleeps. With a requirement of 270 QP, you have to slay a level 450+ Balance Elemental, plus two Tormented Demons that drop parts of a Dragon Plate.

My vote is the big one in those results there. However, "play" is inaccurate - the correct vernacular would in fact be "played" in my case. My account was named "Creaphis" which set a trend for nearly all websites I've joined since.

Creaphis said:

My vote is the big one in those results there. However, "play" is inaccurate - the correct vernacular would in fact be "played" in my case. My account was named "Creaphis" which set a trend for nearly all websites I've joined since.

Maybe we can meet one day. I'll be available tonight for a couple of hours.

Pure Hellspawn said:

Maybe we can meet one day. I'll be available tonight for a couple of hours.

Eh... having a discussion over forums is probably as close to "meeting" as having our avatars stand in close proximity. Now that I look back on it, playing Runescape while talking about Runescape just feels so fake. Playing DOOM on the other hand...

Technician said:

So "Creaphis" doesn't tie into a Utah-raptor? I'm slightly disciplined.

"Creaphis" is actually quite meaningless, aside from the meaning I may be unintentionally giving it. Perhaps it's now gathering connotations that have something to do with being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Due to my highly creaphistic posting, I may actually be a living embodiment of the prototypical Creaphism.

Hell, I don't even remember. I haven't played that game since high school, and even then I don't think I ever made it very far. I don't remember getting past level 20, if I did I'm surprised.

The Techi dick-tionary:

Creaphism (Kree-a-fism) a noune. 1. A person who deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of making incredibly long arguments.

On topic: Do they charge to play this?

Creaphis said:

Eh... having a discussion over forums is probably as close to "meeting" as having our avatars stand in close proximity. Now that I look back on it, playing Runescape while talking about Runescape just feels so fake. Playing DOOM on the other hand...

"Creaphis" is actually quite meaningless, aside from the meaning I may be unintentionally giving it. Perhaps it's now gathering connotations that have something to do with being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Due to my highly creaphistic posting, I may actually be a living embodiment of the prototypical Creaphism.

It's been a while since I played Deathmatch DOOM, mainly due to the fact that I have a laptop, and I wouldn't be all that good with a mouse.

I play it occasionally. I've got to say, most of the quests are just so bad it's not even funny. A lot of them consist of just taking one object from one guy and then giving it to another guy. I'm not sure how Jagex could even consider doing something like that fun, and even if it were fun, I'd probably just get a job as a delivery boy since I'd be getting paid to do it. The community really sucks too. Here's an example of an average Runescape conversation: "player 1: [skill] lvl??? player 2: 35 player 1: rofl nob player 2: fu dis not my main ur da nob! ur a hug nob!" Except it wouldn't look like that since Runescape has that shitty censor system that censors every freakin word even if it doesn't even remotely resemble a profane word.

Craigs said:

I play it occasionally. I've got to say, most of the quests are just so bad it's not even funny. A lot of them consist of just taking one object from one guy and then giving it to another guy. I'm not sure how Jagex could even consider doing something like that fun, and even if it were fun, I'd probably just get a job as a delivery boy since I'd be getting paid to do it. The community really sucks too. Here's an example of an average Runescape conversation: "player 1: [skill] lvl??? player 2: 35 player 1: rofl nob player 2: fu dis not my main ur da nob! ur a hug nob!" Except it wouldn't look like that since Runescape has that shitty censor system that censors every freakin word even if it doesn't even remotely resemble a profane word.

Actually they just eased the filter system a little bit. I'll admit that there are lots of noobs, but there also plenty of good people who play it for entertainment as well.

The sad thing is that there are probably a lot of little kids (under 13) who play that should in fact only being using quick chat.

Technician said:

You only pay if you want all the extra stuff. Otherwise, its free.

Technician said:

There's a free version which is fine to start with. The better version is $5 a month. There are many reasons not to play this, but price isn't one of them.

Here's another word: when a group with a stable, unanimous stance on an issue suddenly splits into the majority and a lone dissenter, this is known as "creaphission."

Technician said:

Think about it like Doom shareware. If you buy a member's subscription, you get an extra 2/3 of world to explore and you can get new weapons.

The worst thing about runescape is the language filter, which filtered every possible curseword imaginable, and every possible mispelling of those curse words, which led to conventional small talk having important words censored by accident.

I made a character once, long long long time ago. I quit in less than an hour and never looked back.

Creaphis said:

"Creaphis" is actually quite meaningless.

We're not so different you and I.

Damn, now I want to start playing it again. The only problem is it gets kinda boring unless you're a member and I don't have that kind of money to spend right now.

I've got the money. I'd just rather spend it on a good MMO like Anarchy Online or WoW.

I have a level 101 but I rarely play these days.

JohnnyRancid said...
The worst thing about runescape is the language filter, which filtered every possible curseword imaginable

I do believe that this has been cut back and you can say some curses.

Craigs said...
Anarchy Online

This is where my MMO time is now but it does still need some work.

Craigs said:

I've got the money. I'd just rather spend it on a good MMO like Anarchy Online

I've been contemplating whether to pay for Anarchy Online or not. The game is pretty fun just playing for free, but I want to get the expansions to see what new items and stuff are available. Especially Alien Invasion. That one looks and sounds pretty cool. I always see drop ships flying around, but when they land, I can't go in them. :(