Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperSlammer2

Favorite cartoons?

Butt-Ugly Martians and Mega Babies? Those are like the worst two cartoons of all time, no joke.

Anyways, my list

Rocko's Modern Life
SWAT Kats
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
King of the Hill
Beavis and Butt-head
South Park
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter's Laboratory (first two seasons)
Powerpuff Girls (pre-movie)
Ed, Edd n Eddy (first four seasons)
Johnny Bravo (first season)
Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel
Doug (pre-Disney)
Ren and Stimpy
Rugrats (first five seasons)
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
Spongebob Squarepants (pre-movie)

Bashe said:

SWAT Kats

<3

Also, Centurions.

btw after noticing Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel etc. on your list I sort of expected to see Two Stupid Dogs too

Coopersville said:

AKIRA
Ghost in the Shell

You should check out Patlabor 2 and Jin-Roh.

Some of my favorite cartoons ever:

Batman: The Animated Series
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
Sonic the Hedgehog (first run)
The Maxx
Beavis & Butthead
Voltron
Fullmetal Alchemist
David the Gnome

Csonicgo said:

saturday morning fun

Hey, it was for me when a girl I knew lent me the boxed set!

Belial said:

You should check out Patlabor 2 and Jin-Roh.

Jin-Roh is an amazing film, but also incredibly depressing. It's sometimes hard for me to sit through it. The live action movies by the same guy were just meh though.

DJ_Haruko said:

Hey, it was for me when a girl I knew lent me the boxed set!

I just couldn't help but get wrapped up in that cartoon series. you'd be a sucker not to, though. I wish I could come up with more puns.

Oh man, too many. I'm sure I'll forget a bunch.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cowboy Bebop
Dexter's Laboratory
Doug
Dragonball
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Family Guy
FLCL
Futurama
Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law
Hey Arnold!
Home Movies
Invader Zim
Johnny Quest (original and Real Adventures)
Looney Tunes
Mission Hill
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Prometheus and Bob (from Kablam!)
Rocko's Modern Life
Sealab 2021
Sheep in the Big City
The Simpsons
Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast
Spongebob Squarepants

Not going to bother with (pre-Disney/pre-season 3/etc); whatever it is, I'm referring to the good ones, let's leave it at that :P

I used to watch Adult Swim religiously around 2002-2003; I've pretty much completely lost interest in it now, but I don't really watch much TV at all anymore. When I was a kid I pretty much only watched what was on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, and I never really bothered much with other channels even as I got older...Adult Swim on Cartoon Network was pretty much the only thing on TV that I'd watch for a while, and then after a couple years I lost interest in that. Partially just because they weren't showing much that seemed to be worth watching anymore. I watch House, Monk, and 24 nowadays, but those don't count for this thread :P

Also, Rocket Power was just terrible enough of a show to be a goldmine for humorous references.

Csonicgo said:

I just couldn't help but get wrapped up in that cartoon series. you'd be a sucker not to, though. I wish I could come up with more puns.

It tends to work your way into you. Some don't like it at first, but it just keeps pounding away until you give in and like it.

Rocko's Modern Life
SWAT Kats
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
King of the Hill
South Park
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter's Laboratory (first two seasons)
Powerpuff Girls (pre-movie)
Ed, Edd n Eddy (first four seasons)
Johnny Bravo (first season)
Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel
Two Stupid Dogs
Doug (pre-Disney)
Ren and Stimpy (PRE SPIKETV JESUS CHRIST)
Rugrats (first five seasons)
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Tiny Toon Adventures
Batman: The Animated Series
David the Gnome
AAAAAH Real Monsters
Invader Zim
Zoids (both versions)
ReBoot
Dragonball (you know.. when Goku was a kid)
Looney Tunes (Merrie Melodies)
Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast
Rocket Power (major beef)
Angry Beavers
The Real Ghostbusters
TMNT
Darkwing Duck (my hero)
Samurai Jack
Danger Mouse
Tom and Jerry (classic)
Droopy
Pink Panther(and the ant and the aardvark)
The Amazing Screw-On Head
Most classic Disney movies before Toy Story
Digimon (Seasons 1 and 2. And Tamers. Nothing else.)
Tailspin
Goof Troupe

I rarely get time to watch cartoons anymore. But when I do it's:

Futurama
South Park
Family Guy
Total Drama Island
Kappa Mikey
Jonny Bravo
Jonny Test
The Boondocks
Robot Chicken

The usual Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy. Some other less mainstream ones (as compared to the aforementioned cartoons) are Metalocalypse and The Venture Brothers.

Shaikoten said:

Why is this thread missing Venture Bros? Seriously?

Nope. It's been mentioned by me and one other person in the thread...

But I would be equally concerned had The Venture Brothers been left out by the time I got to the thread this late. Awesome fucking show.

Shaikoten said:

Why is this thread missing Venture Bros? Seriously?

I mentioned it! I love that show. I think that will be the next show I get on DVD.

Mostly the shows I watched when I was a kid. Thundercats, G.I. Joe, Voltron, Ronin warriors, He-man, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead.
Also like alot of adult swim shows. As for my number one pick, old and new Fist of The North Star.

Is it just me or does evey one in the old F.O.T.N.S. look like a roid freak?

I enjoy quite a few cartoons, most of them are of the more adult variety. The only kids cartoons I still like are Pinky and the Brain and Ren and Stimpy, although Ren and Stimpy rides the line as far as childrens cartoons. The rest are the norm, South Park, although it seems to be going downhill just like The Simpsons, speaking of which the older Simpsons are still funny, Futurama, The Critic, Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Boondocks, Stroker and Hoop. Hell most of Adult Swims lineup is good aside from Home Movies and Mission Hill. My favorite would still be Space Ghost Coast to Coast, however Duckman doesn't get nearly enough recognition. It was one of the few shows I watched when I was young when I thought to myself "You know, I really shouldn't be watching this." I'm sure all the phone sex ads and Gilbert Gottfried commercials that USA showed didn't help.

Duckman was awesome. Dweezil Zappa did some voices for it. That show was really fucked up and weird, though there was this really good episode I saw once about how we had lost the spirit of America though some heavy-handed metaphors. I'm pretty sure it was by the same people who did Rugrats, too. It was the same animation studio, at least.

I also forgot The Critic in my initial post. I liked that show so much that I even watched the web episodes they made after it got canned. I'd really like that on DVD some day.

Coopersville said:
Reboot

I just remember some dog taking a crap and main bad guy saying, "Delete that!"

Family Guy: Best.

South Park: It got old, was on the top for awhile.

Simpsons, The: Watched it on and off since the mid 1980's (Tracy Ulman Show). Has high and low seasons. This one seems to be a little low. Then again, they seem to get funny after sucking for a year.

Bugs Bunny Road Runner Show: Long gone, but I used to watch this a lot. Too bad here in the States, you can't see these anywhere.

Spongebob: It's so screwed up, you got to watch.

A lot of others I wouldn't want to admit to.

I honestly can't see how anyone could say Family Guy is the best cartoon, it has it's moments, but for the most part it's just references to other things because they can't carry a storyline. "It's Darth Vader on a fucking treadmill, it's hilarious!" Or "Remember that time..." I do still think the "What's your fatass doing here?" "Oh I guess I do spoil him" conversation is funny.
I am amazed at how bad The Simpsons has gotten though. It used to be hilarious, and made jokes that you had to be half-way intelligent to get. Such as when they were watching Jeopardy and the question was about the name of the capital of North Dakota, Homer responded "Hitler" when the answer was Bismarck. Both German heads of state, which makes it funny. And when Burns answers the phone "Ahoy ahoy" since Alexander Graham Bell thought the standard greeting on a phone should be ahoy ahoy, whereas Edison wanted it to be hello. It just amazes me how they went from being a somewhat cerebral show to just spraying randomness all over the screen, I think they tried to move in on Family Guys audience.
And Danarchy, I'm glad someone else likes Duckman and The Critic. Duckman was really surreal and fucked up, this thread inspired me to hunt down a few episodes on the web. Cornfed Pig, that's just ridiculous. And yes, the show was animated by Klasky and Csupo, who did the animation for the first few seasons of The Simpsons, Rugrats, Aah Real Monsters, and The Wild Thornberrys. I remember watching Thornberrys at my Grandparents a few Christmases ago and thinking it looked just like Duckman, then I saw Klasky and Csupo and it all made sense. I'm still confused as to how they could make the smut that is Duckman, and then make a childrens show.

Exosquad
Roughnecks: Starship Troopers
Beast Wars
Batman TAS
Spiderman TAS
X-Men TAS
Teen Titans
Tiny Toon Adventures
Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers
Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
Eek! and the Terrible Thunderlizards

sigh... Most cartoons were aired in the mornings (especially Saturday) and weekday afternoons when I was a kid. Now (at least in the antenna TV realm) they're all replaced by local newscasts and talk shows and infomercials. Why?

Aeon Flux
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
Duck Tales
Batman TAS
Spiderman TAS
Bobby's World
Simpsons
Futurama
Rugrats
The Head
The Maxx
and alot of the early to mid-90's toons listed elsewhere in this topic.

I HAVE TO AGREE...Family Guy is one of the most horrible cartoons ever. It's just crude and isn't very funny at all.

The thing that pisses me off is when they just copy verbatum something for five minutes. Like once they did the whole 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 video from Sesame Street. Or another time when they did the video for Ah-ha's Take on Me just with Chris instead of the girl. It's just telling me they really can't think of anything original. Basically, Family Guy just seems like the "reused jokes show" to me.

Danarchy said:

{SNIP} Like once (Family Guy) did the whole 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 video from Sesame Street. {SNIP}

Ahh......brings back memories.........

I wonder how many people who watch Family Guy are old enough to remember the original pinball shorts? I'm one of them. The song has always been stuck in my head, and Family Guy stuck it in farther.

Skeletor, thanks for reminding me of The Maxx. As soon as I saw "Aeon Flux" in your post I remembered I forgot to mention The Maxx, then I saw it later on. The Maxx was an amazing cartoon, brings back alot of memories. I need to track down some episodes, they should release it on DVD if they haven't already. The Spawn show they had on HBO for awhile was really good, as I recall it. I can't say that I've seen it since I was 12, but from what I remember it was good.

Just goes to show you how old I'm getting when I recognize almost NONE of the cartoons folks are posting :(

Anyway, I used to go out of my way to watch:
-Robotech
-G.I. Joe
-The real Ghostbusters
-He-Man
-Transformers (original G1)
-Dungeons and dragons

You think you're old? How about:

Spiderman, from The Electric Company
Thundercats
Donkey Kong
Richie Rich
O.J. Readmore (at the end, with killer O.J. Simpson)
School House Rock
The Smurfs
Drawing Power