Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nems

RTS prequel to mediocre FPS trilogy golden.

TheDarkArchon said:

It's a console RTS, that pretty much dooms it to "not very good".

...Well, Blizzard's RTSs at least had some good story. And the Total War series is kind of half RTS.

Gokuma said:

It's a load of fun trying to play Warcraft 2 or Red Alert with a gamepad.

the sarcasm is dripping

I played Red Alert 3 on 360 fine with a gamepad, you pussies.

Oh and Halo 3 is pretty awesome. If you don't think so you're probably just a nut that really doesn't like video games or has no friends to play with. I can't see any other reasons being valid as its definitely one of the most fun FPS of at least the last five years.

I rather like to concept of a halo RTS, and being built from the ground up for the xbox360 means that it might actually be fun to play in coop (considering all RTS's are).

Ralphis said:

Oh and Halo 3 is pretty awesome. If you don't think so you're probably just a nut that really doesn't like video games or has no friends to play with. I can't see any other reasons being valid as its definitely one of the most fun FPS of at least the last five years.

Hating popular games makes you look cool on the internet.

I never much cared for Halo 3, probably because I didn't get much of a chance to play multiplayer on it and the single player was lackluster. I did have a really good time playing multiplayer on Halo and Halo 2 though, but you have to play it with friends in the same room to really get the full effect. Still, I didn't think the multiplayer was as fun as GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, or the Timesplitters series. I'd kill for a new Timesplitters game.

MasterOFDeath said:

Heh, wasn't Halo supposed to be an RTS to begin with?

Yes, then it became a 3rd person action game, and then an FPS. Halo Wars is not made by Bungie, though.

I hate Halo 3 for its fanbase really. It's loved soo much when in essence I feel that doom captures the exact same content Halo has.

If you've played 1 and 2, you've played 3. The only real difference I noticed was slightly better graphics than 2, and some weapons you never used unless forced to.

JohnnyRancid said:

It's loved soo much when in essence I feel that doom captures the exact same content Halo has.

Well, this might be due to you being blind or at least partially retarded. I can't recall the last time I played a game of doom coop where I lifted my buddies by helicopter onto a giant spider machine and crashed it into the side of a building or ramped a four wheeler into someone's base in a game of CTF only to jump out midair and gun down my enemies.

If by "exact same content" you mean having guns and shooting enemies, then I guess you're right (even though you're ignoring mostly the entire game except the basic concept), BUT! maybe I was playing the wrong Doom. I don't know.

As far as the comments on Halo 3 single player go, let's be honest. The game is truly designed for multiplayer. You need to play through in coop with your friends to truly appreciate the campaigns and after that, it's all deathmatch.

Gokuma said:

It's a load of fun trying to play Warcraft 2 or Red Alert with a gamepad.

Hey, I knew a guy that played Warcraft 2 on the PSX back in 1997, when Warcraft 2 was "t3h sh1t". Not the best way to control it, but the PSX version had a few quirks like being able to select more units in one go, compared to the 9 units max of the PC version (before they added the ability to create preselected unit teams).

MasterOFDeath said:

Yeah, the singleplayer in Halo 3 was very disappointing. The multiplayer is superb though.

Other way around for me. Above average single player, but disappointing mutliplayer with lulzy balance issues.

Halo 3 (and for that matter 2) was made with competitive multiplayer at the forefront of importance, cooperative multiplayer second, and single player as almost an afterthought. This should be obvious to anyone who's spent time around the Halo games.