Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stewboy

My midi collection (updated 6/4/10)

Hi. Over the past few years, I've made several midis, and I thought I'd share them with everyone.

Zip containing all the below midis: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21797057/stew_midis.zip

Old midis
Dreama (3:49)
Forest Maze (3:50)
Dark Room (1:05)
Island Groove (4:10)
Waste (3:17)
Metal (2:19)

Not used in any big projects
Emptyness (1:48)
Intro (2:00)
Cliff (2:43)
Lines (2:20)
Temple (2:15)
Winding Down (2:15)
Risk (4:14)
Walkthrough (1:42)
Stairs (2:59)
Rusty Bridge (2:22)
Sewer Chase (2:15)
River (2:08)
Bedtime (1:51)

Plutonia 2
MAP03: Gateway (3:23)
MAP15: Starting Out (2:15)
MAP17: Night Run (3:58)

Speed of Doom
Title: Seige (1:08)
Interm: Harmless (2:17)
Story: Jailbreak (4:03)
MAP01: Surface (1:35)
MAP03: Cold Wires (2:59)
MAP08: Drips (2:44)
MAP09: Core (2:15)
MAP15: Wash (2:42)
MAP16: Getaway (2:56)
(MAP17 uses nightrun.mid from PL2, also on MAP17)
MAP21: Lava's Edge (1:50)
MAP24: Cavern (3:15)
MAP25: Deep Forest (2:42)
MAP26: Weird (2:28)
MAP27: Fall of the Kingdom (4:30)
MAP31: Stars (3:18)
MAP32: Egypt (2:45)

Trauma
Tech Base (2:18)
Trapped (2:44)
Flee (3:05)
Sky Temple (2:40)
Iceberg (3:44)
Platformer (2:43)

Other
Few (1:46) - used in my CC4 map
Greenhouse (2:12) - for Pottus's CC4 map
Edge (2:05) - used in one of my claustrophobia 1024 maps
Window (1:49) - also used in one of my claus 1024 maps
Courtyard (2:53) - The Empty Museum project
End (2:05) - TEM
Castle (2:24) - TEM

Please leave comments, criticisms etc.
I hope the site doesn't stuff up, it occasionally goes down.

As I said before I really like night run. Also for some reason when I hear "cliff" it just makes me think of DKC, then Perfect Dark. Yeah I'm sorta rambling on, but still, great work.

I agree, Night Run is great. It's awesome that so many musicians seem to be suddenly coming out of the woodwork and posting their works :)

These are far better than my pieces of shit. ;(

No, really - some of these are extremely awesome. Plutonia 2 would've used a lot more of these had I made the decision of the final music placement. :P

Rhythm and harmony are really well executed in all of these songs, they do succeed in a lot of places that I - well, don't do QUITE as well in. :P

Risk is awesome - long, varied, and not too repetitive. The piano chords are hella nice.
Few sounds quite experimental, it uses an odd key and I noticed it introduces a new section every 5 bars. Very nice-sounding nonetheless.
Courtyard is brilliant. Atmospheric and sombre. Me likey.
Edge sounds very ominous and badass at the same time. The cello/electric pick bass combination makes it sound a lot like a boss theme.
End has a lot of great parts in it (the lead instrument tends to do exactly what I expect it to), and the drumbeat is very nice.
Window isn't one of my absolute favorites - the bassline doesn't sound great the whole time, but the instrumentation itself does a good job.

I might expand my feedback on these ones and maybe write some more on the rest of these songs, but not right now, heh. :P

Keep up the great work. I'm always eager to hear new stuff coming from you. :)

Stewboy, if you want, submit some comments about the songs included in PL2 and we'll include them in the text file, along with the rest of the comments.

I assume by comments you mean how I made it, what inspired me, etc. Well, my inspiration isn't very interesting. Take Night Run. I sat there on an empty score in Sibelius, and then suddenly thought 'I want to make a midi that starts with slow strings.' That's pretty much the only 'inspiration' I had, the rest of the ideas used in the song and most of my others were either thought up of on the spot, or were thought up previously while doing something else (eg, Cliff's start was thought up the night before and the rest of the song pretty much just developed from there. Starting Out and Gateway came out in a similar way).

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Heh, well, Jimmy and Jamie (who had left notes from back when Metabolist was in charge) managed to write at length about each track, but some guys are wordier than others. It happened with the map comments also. Some guys didn't say anything, others almost wrote a book :p

But any comments will do, really, general or song specific.

It's great that you music artists is posting more of your stuff.
Again I ask what name you want to be listed under, if we use some of your music?

Edit: I meant real name or whatever you want to be listed as. :)

Torn said:

It's great that you music artists is posting more of your stuff.
Again I ask what name you want to be listed under, if we use some of your music?

Edit: I meant real name or whatever you want to be listed as. :)

Stuart Rynn (real name) or Forty-Two (name I use for most projects), either is fine.

I heard thousands of midis in my life and you've style...
... but don't take this personnaly, in my opinion, your midis are not creepy enough to fit Classic Doom solo with "Martian base" or "Hell" graphics.

They may certainly better fit TCs, Deathmatch, or MEGAWADS...

Favorites (not classified) :
METAL
INTRO
NIGHTRUN
RISK (intro reminds me some music like Gabriel Knight 1 ones)
EDGE
WINDOW

Thanks for this music.

Have just downloaded and had a good listen to them all. There are a lot of good tracks here. "Courtyard" is definitely a favorite, and "few" not far behind. Are either of these available for use, or are they committed to other projects elsewhere?

stewboy said:

Note: I don't mind if people use these in their own projects, except for 'Courtyard' and 'End' which are specifically for one project and are not to be reused.

Kyka said:

Are either of these available for use, or are they committed to other projects elsewhere?

Thanks Torn.

Yeah. I just noticed that part (a little late). Managed to miss it completely while I was busy downloading the tracks to listen to them all... :(

Hmm, 15 replies, not bad, my topic over on Skulltag had 5 replies before it died the first time.
Anyway, updated first post with two new midis. Please tell me what you think of them.

Edit: On a related note, one of the things I'd like in my life is to compose music specifically for computer games/film etc, and I'd like some experience in this area. So, if anyone wants music for their project or map, feel free to ask me.

stewboy said:

Edit: On a related note, one of the things I'd like in my life is to compose music specifically for computer games/film etc, and I'd like some experience in this area. So, if anyone wants music for their project or map, feel free to ask me.

I have a serious 32map megawad in the works with someone else: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/45138-speed-of-doom-megawad-project/

It's already got some music, but to have original and exclusive music in the megawad would be awesome. If you are interested, please let me know. :) Anyone else is welcome too.

I think PMs would do the job just fine ;).

I'm not sure where to start, um, I'll PM you a list of type of music I could need. Thanks!

Been checking out your midi page at intermittent periods, stewboy. You've got a whole lot of new stuff up there, some of which I'd like to use myself. :) What are the terms of use for the newest (post-"Cold Wires") tracks?

Do keep it up, though. I really love all of this music - and I know I've said this already, but - it blows mine out of the water. :P

Joshy: Ack! Those three midis you wanted! :O Once school settles down I'll get to work on them, I promise.

Oh, you mean in the folder itself? Most of the newest stuff is for Joshy's project, a few are for Torn's project, and one is for another project. Basically, you probably shouldn't use any of the midis in the folder unless they're in the first post, and not marked as reserved. I'll update the first post and unmark some midis once some projects start getting released.

The ones he made for my project is: Flee, Tech base, Journey and Trapped. (I didn't miss any one, stew, did I?)

I must also say that I also really like Cold Wires. :)

Jimmy91 said:

Joshy: Ack! Those three midis you wanted! :O Once school settles down I'll get to work on them, I promise.

It's all cool mate :-), take your time, looking forward to them.

I'll follow what Torn did and name the ones Stewy made for my project: Coldwires, Core, Deep Forest, Drips, Fall of the Kingdom, Surface, Egypt, Getaway, Siege, Wash, Weird and Lava's Edge.

I, too, really like Coldwires. :P

Joshy said:

I, too, really like Coldwires. :P

I wonder if it is now I should request such one. However Tech Base is pretty around same epicness as this one. :)

"Sewer Chase", "Greenhouse" and "Iceberg" are now my favorites. :D Awesome work, man!

Oh, "Jungle" is extremely good as well, especially for a speedmidi. Shouldn't that be up there?