Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BilboHicks

ScoreDoom v1.99r3B

Sounds like the phantom is really a pain.
Will get around to tweaking the phantom and the wraiths, later this weekend, as well as a few more tweaks I forgot to add to a couple of the other monsters.

Apologies for the double post, but I re-uploaded the v1.98r7e add-on-pack to tweak the Phantom (less wraiths and phantom cannot be raised anymore), as well as a couple of other monsters.

Another Couple Things I noticed:

Some of the par times are unfair. I played 1Monster.wad's Map12: Baron Citadel, and you have 3 minutes and 26 second par time on HMP and UV (with 39 Baron-monsters, I end up with 3 Bruiser Demons, 1 Afrit, 1 Archon of Hell, 1 Baron of Hell in the starting rooms) and 10 minutes 39 seconds par time in ITYTD and HNTR (17 barons).

Some monsters appear for both the Hell Knight, and Baron such as the weredragon and terminator, and some monsters appear for both the spider mastermind and cyberdemon such as Thamuz, Hellsmith, A.Hellsmith (which should have something like 3000 HP instead of 4000 which is what the Hellsmith has).

Also more Arch-Vile monsters would be great: There's only the Diablolist and Deathknights.

100 Health for this is not really fair as a lot of the monsters are certainly capable of killing me in one or two blows. I understand that there are powerups to help us absorb damage but it's not everyday I see them, and when I do, they are used instantaneously.

Finally a new suggestion for the Icon of Sin (might be buggy on some levels but should work)

How about differing cube sizes where each size represents certain monsters that can be summoned?

Example:

Small Cube = Zombies, Imps, Demons (and their inviso counterparts), Lost Souls. Has a 50% chance of being spawned.

Medium Cube = Medium Strength Hellspawn. Cacodemons, Revenants, Hell Knights, Arachnotrons, Mancubi, Pain Elementals all go here. Has a 40% chance of being spawned.

Big Cube = Biggest of the Baddest. All your Barons, Archviles, Spiderdemons, and Cyberdemons go here. 10% chance.

thanks again for the feedback, duly noted.

Not sure what you mean by 100 health, since when playing with sd custom monsters, you will have 200 starting & max health now.

Well, I wasn't worry about having too many ghosts from the phantom... just when the phantom was reviving (raising) again and again (I guess for having a revive sprite :P).

Actually the harder monsters are the DeathKnights, it's really funny to have a bfg blast shooted at the deathKnight, just coming back... because you have to check first if it has its sprite of defensive pose..

Now it could be helpful to have its shield 'pose' in a colored fashion, using other (decorate?) color effects, like with the Sabre Blade purple fireballs, their light effect looks pretty cool on opengl.

And I also wish to have a death count on the mod (in multiplayer of course), showing on screen how many time you have been killed or died (suicides are counted as negatives frags at the end of a level).

Also I haven't seen any Defiler monster (a black pain elemental), they are listed in the monster's list.

The phantom has been tweaked again to release more wraiths, also the deathknight will go translucent when it is in reflective mode. I've also added the Defiler.
Im trying to sort out why certain players experience lag with the mod after playing for a while, and my next release will hopefully have that fix as well as the changes to the sdmonsters wad.

btw, Player deaths cost 500 points, any particular reason why you want death counts on the screen as well? I don't mind adding them, but I dont see a point if you are already penalized via the points score. I can raise the penalty for death to 1000 points or more... as well. Sounds like you have played some co-op, which I need to play more of, so Im open to your opinion.

Ok, I wasn't refering of showing the penalty score of all deaths on screen, I was asking to have a death counter, showing the number of times you have died or been killed. As the secret or monster counter, but it will start from 0 obviously :P, then after you are killed the death toll will rise 1 unit, maybe ending with dozens of deaths, if you are playing a big level with many hard monsters (as I like to do :) )

Something like this:
http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/DOOM0007.jpg

It should be "4 deaths", isn't it? **
The grey one should have 9 deaths on his screen. o.o
That's my idea :)

If you want to try to replicate the lag-slow-like effect, try to spawn certain type of monsters: afrit, the evil grey clouds and others that use rotating or moving frames/effects, maybe with many of them you can check if there is any posible problem...

ScoreDoom v1.99 released (changes below)
New add-on pack as well.
Special thanks to Edward850, NovaDragon & DavidB1000 for the time spent QAing and beta-testing!!

download from the usual url: http://www.scoredoom.com

I plan for this to be my last release for some time (famous last words!). Though I'm planning on adding an optional add-on wad for making the bosses harder.

Changes in 1.99
Major bug fix for older (and sometimes newer) computers where the super shotgun (and shotgun) caused lag in the game. Multiple damage
messages per tic to monsters is accumulated over the tic for a player instead of writing multiple times to the console per tic. This
can be turned off for oldskool damage console messages by setting sd_alt_con_scoring=false (not recommended!)

Major fix for hub intermission screens and finale screens, where the proper sd par time for the full hub, as well the the proper
wad score is displayed. Level scores are not shown anymore for hub intermission and finale screens, since they make no sense there :-)

Tweaks to the sd par time calculations for more sensible par times.

Minor tweaks to the damage scoring (getting rid of occasional '+0' scores)

Fix for minor memory leak problem.

Added a new monster and some tweaks to some other monsters in the sdmonsters wad.

@alvinhere: I will consider adding a deaths counter in a future release, just spent too much time getting these fixes in :-)
EDIT: oh yeah, and also I'm keen to find out if this version works ok in mulitplayer. Preliminary testing by me suggests it should be fine.

LMAO. It's a dumbass debug message I forgot to remove, thanks for bringing this up, will remove and re-upload. I'll post back here when I have it up.

Updated. Sorry about that.

EDIT: ScoreDoom v1.99r2 released
Decided to add support for optional harder bosses when using custom monsters, due to a request from a beta-tester.

Using the sdmonstershardboss wad from the 1.99r2 addonpack will increase the health of bosses by typically 150%.

Chain Bonuses are now more rewarding to go for, with a minimum of +12 instead of +5. Something I forgo to add in the last build.

download from here: http://www.scoredoom.com

v1.99r3 released.
download from http://www.scoredoom.com

Contains a couple of critical multiplayer (coop) fixes. The Add on pack has been updated;improvement to the Armored Imp.
Thats it. Multiplayer should be fine now. This patch also fixes the bug alvinhere reported about exponential suicide/infighting bonuses in MP games which were cropping up.

Oh boy!, I forgot to report the increased infight/suicide bonus, jeje.

Nevermind, the bug was kinda funny :P

I'll post some screenshots with the highest bonus I could get:

http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/Copiadelol.jpg
http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/DOOM0001.jpg
http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/DOOM0007.jpg
http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/DOOM0057.jpg
http://alvinheregod.googlepages.com/DOOM0013.jpg

What about to add a light effect for the UAC Smart Bomb item? sometimes is hard to see it on the floor with all those dead bodies... ;)

@alvinhere: Haha, yes I actually saw that error once myself. It was being caused by the other problem I fixed with chain bonuses & extreme death bonuses not be tallied correctly for all clients. Since suicide/infighting bonuses are calculated using all the player scores, some players would get these outrageous bonuses. I hope those screen shots are not from the latest build ;-)
In the recent previous builds, the player scores were being reported incorrectly to each client, if they either scored an extreme damage bonus or a chain bonus. So everything 'looked' ok to each player, but the scores were actually incorrect.

If you encounter any bugs in MP, please let me know, but MP should be fine now. As far as new updates, I dont plan on any until I eventually work on, and release v2.x of the mod, where I'm hoping to add some cool features to make SP hi scores much more worthwhile. Though I will keep your suggestions in mind.

V1.99R3b released.
Ack, one final release...
After playing some extensive co-op, I found a minor (but annoying to fix) bug whereby certain damage messages on the console were repeated in multiplayer (even though the actual score was ok). This has been fixed. Basically the fix for the lag bug created it.

To make the download more worthwhile, I also decided to add a fix so that the Minotaur power up and Sentry Turret power up obey team damage rules. i.e. they dont hurt you or teammates anymore by default.
(It was very annoying to summon a Minotaur Demon and have it beat on you, albeit by accident)
download from usual: http://www.scoredoom.com