Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jute

Fredrik's monsters

jute gyte said:

These things all look great. How can we get Fredrik to finish them?

Unpossible!

I've always liked the look of the monster at the bottom. I'd like to see it (and the rest of them) finished :/

The cyberdemon thing looks totally awesome. Even 2 or 3 frames of it would be a vast improvement.

The bottom would work well as spider mastermind. Somehow need to give a hitscan attack though.

Fredrik's hobby seems to be to taunt people in the Freedoom forum by making a frame or two of some awesome potential monster and then just disappearing :-)

Do you have any idea how much time and pain it takes to create the full set of sprites for a monster?

From another thread there was 2-3 frames already of the cyber. Just using those would be awesome.

The baron is missing most of its frames already and its way better than a placeholder.

Fredrik said:

Do you have any idea how much time and pain it takes to create the full set of sprites for a monster?

Less of an idea than you, because you've actually achieved it: but I did start trying to do a wolf3d dog sprite and a better imp replacement, and didn't finish... because it's a total nightmare to do.

What would perhaps be of great value Fredrik would be if someone such as yourself could spend 30 minutes outlining the best approach to doing it, tools to use, shortcuts, tips etc.

Disappointing thread. I thought they were finished and ready to go. Second, I don't even know how the mastermind graphic will animate in game, and how will it look good shooting bullets.

Fredrik said:

Normally 20 days.

Depending if they are made on symetry basis or not (i.e. Baron of hell was the first designed by ID and didn't have this trick included).
So for other sprites that could be reduced to two weeks.

Depends also on the sprite's height.
For such big "Baron of Hell" one (120 px ?...) I may suggest 3-4 weeks.