Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Coach gets fired being a Sore Winner.

http://www.wesh.com/sports/18561797/detail.html

If you're the coach of an outrageously good basketball team playing against a team that sucks, It's your duty to make sure that your team lets them win a little, or else you're gonna be standing in the unemployment line.

---

The coach of the Texas high school girls basketball team that beat another team 100-to-0 is now out of a job.

Micah Grimes was fired Sunday shortly after he wrote an e-mail to The Dallas Morning News disagreeing with his bosses at the private Christian school, Covenant, who had called the Jan. 13 blowout "shameful." They said it was un-Christlike and had apologized to Dallas Academy, the team that got shut out.

Grimes said in his e-mail there's no reason to apologize because his girls played with "honor and integrity."

Covenant School's headmaster said he can't say why the coach was fired.

Grimes has been criticized for letting the game against a school for learning-disabled children become so lopsided.

---

Sorry coach, that's a little too much asskick.

JohnnyRancid said:

Grimes has been criticized for letting the game against a school for learning-disabled children become so lopsided.

100-0 versus the 'tard team. That just makes it better. LOL

They said it was un-Christlike

Hm? Christ was one of the most arrogant fuckers in the whole bible. They're just using their unquestionable god to irrationally do this n' that again.

Whatever. The publicity will probably land the man a proper coaching job, anyway.

I think the school wanted to fire him for other reasons and just used this pretext.

As for what he did, there is nothing wrong with it. He even asked his team not to pressure the opponents too much, and they did. What more could he have asked for, "let them win"? The other team might have been "tards" but they would have noticed it, and that would have been way more insulting that a total blowout. The winning team also complimented the losers for their tenacity, since they insisted on playing till the end rather than forfeiting early.

The only thing I find morally wrong in that story is the belief that if you're handicapped people should lie to you by playing poorly on purpose and apologizing for winning...

I'd say the Covenant School's attitude had little to do with "Christian values" and a lot to do with Political Correctness. You let the 'tards win because it boosts their self-esteem UNTIL they discover they've been patronised - at which point the other team and their coach can be berated for their insensitivity and/or lack of understanding. Either way it's a loose-loose situation for the better team.

In general, "tards" are smarter than people think they are. They know when they're being humoured, and they like to be taken seriously.

What I want to know is what moron thought this would be a great idea in the first place? I mean, what did they think was going to happen? Of course the "learning-disabled children" got their asses handed to them; what do you think this is, Hollywood? Someone's been watching too many generic underdog sports movies.

And allowing them to "get a few points in" is just insulting to everyone involved. Ugh.

Heh, that kind of reminds me of that episode of Clerks animated where Dante has the baseball team and in the end has to rescue the opposing team from slavery. Then he forces them to play against his team and they lose by default because all the people on the team pass out from starvation. this...

Man, I love that show...all 6 episodes.