Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vaulttec

Can anyone help me remember an old Doom 2 Megawad?

Hi. New member here!

I've been wracking my brain all day trying to recall an old Doom 2 megawad. I don't think it was a TC, but I'm afraid I can't recall much about it.

The only thing I can recall, and I recall this quite clearly, is that the final level involved a sprite replacement for the Romero Head. It was the brain and spinal cord of a human, kept alive in a tube of liquid. The 'to win the game you must kill me' wav was replaced with some sort of 'please kill me' file, if I recall.

Anyone recall this?

Thank you!

Cleimos 2 may well be what you're looking for. I think the words were "Release me".

Although, IIRC, the final level was actually map26, with just null filler maps in the later slots.

Cleimos 2 is here and here, in two pieces.

I was trying to remember the name of this WAD because of the thread on old classic megawads, incidentally.

myk said:

I was trying to remember the name of this WAD because of the thread on old classic megawads, incidentally.

Classic? It was built on Doom 1's Cleimos episode, which already had a complete structure being a 1994 Doom 1 wad still good. Did it have more audience than Cleimos 1? Were people on the boards (or whatever existed) all acclaiming?

printz said:
It was built on Doom 1's Cleimos episode, which already had a complete structure being a 1994 Doom 1 wad still good.

I'm not entirely sure why someone would think that the fact that its early incarnations were for DOOM would count against it.

Were people on the boards (or whatever existed) all acclaiming?

Given the discussion on the thread includes defining which were the best (classics), whether or not it is one would depend on personal opinion, not on finding some thread somewhere where it was praised by some people. If your opinions on what makes a classic depend so much on other people's judgments, then maybe you're also a CRAZY DOOM ZOMBIE.

Yes, Cleimos 2 was a moderately big deal at the time of its release. I would give a relevant link, but sadly the Compuserve Action Games Forum (the DW equivalent of the mid-1990s) no longer exists.

holy crap I remember this wad.I think one of the authors of this wad released a wad called "Virus" which was one of the first WADs I remember using the scroll left texture as a way to convey information via a marquee:

"You are the virus! It is everything you do! it is everything you are!"

would scroll at the end. I think it was based on a song of the same name.