Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 1 [please post in part 2 instead]

Guiddqd said:

Goddammit. Thanks for the info I'm gonna have to do it again yippee!

I don't know why you changed exe. However, you have to use doom2.exe of version 1.9. You should check your exe before restarting to record demos. Is your doom2.exe really 709905 bytes?

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

I don't know why you changed exe. However, you have to use doom2.exe of version 1.9. You should check your exe before restarting to record demos. Is your doom2.exe really 709905 bytes?

I just got the executable from someone who tought it was the 1.9 version and it was in fact 1.666.

Now I have followed Myk's instructions on his homepage and hopefully everything is ok now.

Let's get back to work ;-)

Guiddqd said:
I just got the executable from someone who tought it was the 1.9 version and it was in fact 1.666.

OK. But then, what exe's you used in this demo?

Another nightmare demo from me on mm2 map18. Now that this is finally done I can move on to another map such as m216 which should be a difficult and interesting map. There's another lmp included and the title should be obvious when you reach the end of the demo.

m218n741.zip

Kimo_xvirus, could you please use the attach feature in the future instead of that site? It disables itself when it detects adblock, that a lot of people use. Besides, eventually its files will disappear. Using attach will guarantee that the demos will be on the forum as long as the forum lasts. You are free to make one post per demo to attach each, or just place them all in one ZIP. The "attach file" feature appears below the box where you type your message. Thanks!

xit-vono said:

Another nightmare demo from me on mm2 map18.

Congrats Xit for another achievement.

xit-vono said:

Now that this is finally done I can move on to another map such as m216 which should be a difficult and interesting map.

Good luck with m216n.

kimo_xvirus, both your classic_ep demos is good to watch, but what the hell happens with your mouse in mm01n052?

GF50 SR40               #    27 (0.77s) 
GF50 SR40               #    28 (0.80s) 
GF50 SR40 TL16          #    29 (0.82s) 
GF50 SR40 TR8           #    30 (0.85s) 
GF50 SR40 TR13          #    31 (0.88s)  
Are you recording under dosbox?

Amazing run! And yes, lol at the end, nothing could be a better finisher of the run than this death. Looks pretty flashy :)

really cool, I always thought it would be too hard :D

btw, you are lucky guys, I have no time for making demos anymore. Life caught up with me :D (wife, job, bought houses...).

Enjoy your time while you still have it :D

Guiddqd said:
Halls of the Damn Pigs

Heh, funny... and true.

Not an up-to-date list, but something at least:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071215075109/http://www.doom2.net/~compet-n/database/cn.cgi?record:tnt:speed+2005:7

And you can see this post by Never Again for a summary of the improvements that have been made since the last compet-n update.

Of course, a number of people maintain a local copy of the compet-n demo library, so these demos are not permanently lost (in case the compet-n site doesn't reappear).

You can also check here: http://doomedsda.us/wad944.html. I'm not 100% sure exactly what is included there though.

The database is viewable directly (even though the demos cannot be downloaded because the FTP service fails), although naturally it does not contain the demos in incoming. I believe all the incoming demos have been uploaded to the DSDA, though.

I cannot view pt252725 or pt133504. It says it's not a valid archive when I go to unzip. pt163232 worked fine.

If someone have a complete content of c-n incoming from september to november (i.e. till then ftp server goes down), please share it!

>> I cannot view pt252725 or pt133504. It says it's not a valid archive when I go to unzip.

All is fine with archives, but wrong with place to post - according to txt's these three tysons by Z0diac are recorded in prboom.

Hitherto said:

If someone have a complete content of c-n incoming from september to november (i.e. till then ftp server goes down), please share it!

Compet-N incoming
It's funny how I made backup of Compet-N only 2-3 weeks before the nameserver went down, almost anticipating it =)

kimo_xvirus said:
It's funny how I made backup of Compet-N only 2-3 weeks before the nameserver went down, almost anticipating it =)

Well, thanks. Actually I missed less than expected.

emailking said:
I cannot view pt252725 or pt133504. It says it's not a valid archive when I go to unzip. pt163232 worked fine.

I'm guessing the files got cut off or corrupted during download. Clear your browser's Internet files or cache and try downloading them again.

Hitherto said:
ccording to txt's these three tysons by Z0diac are recorded in prboom.

Yeah, I might as well move them to the miscellaneous demos thread.

emailking said:

i had the same problem under winzip, but it unpacked with winrar. simply try using different tool, the files are ok.

Yeah sorry about the files. I always use winrar.

I posted them here because I wasn't sure where else to post them. I of course forgot the misc. thread...