Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dlogan

Multi-level wad project in progess

Hello, I am making a new mega-wad called "In Satan's Realm". Screenshots to follow soon.

Edit: sorry for not posting more information. Here is the story:

Shortly after the marine beat Hell's invasion of Earth and the survivors returned, one of Hell's inter-dimensional gates, located in deep South America, sparked back to life. This invasion is on a smaller key, but threatens to explode into the same caliber of death and destruction as the first invasion. There isn't enough time to form a massive recon-assault team. You must go in, alone, and destroy the last gate before it's too late...

The wad is jungle, tech, then hell themed. There will be 12 levels, replacing the first 12 of doom 2, gradually getting more difficult and lots of puzzles and traps. Sorry about the no screenshots but I'm getting trouble hosting them.

As far as map quality and my confidence that you all will like my wad, it's pretty high. I've been making maps for fun for a while and I've picked up some good techniques on my own/ from this forum. Don't have any worries, I will have screenshots soon.

Don’t make a megawad, try to create one level first and wait for the response, because you will regret it, if your levels are shitty...

Dlogan said:

Hello, I am making a new mega-wad called "In Satan's Realm". Screenshots to follow soon.

Im not sure i completely grasp the point of this. you post a thread thats barely a sentence telling us the title of some wad that your making and that your will post screenshots but nothing else? no description on what the wad actully is or how many levels or how difficult or different it is from other wads? just a title?.

ok thats cool cept may i seguest that next time you decide to post completely useless information. first find a hammer, and hit yourself in the foot really hard. because your screams of pain and agony will draw alot more interest then a mere title of a wad.

Case and point if you gonna post a prject post it with screenshots and a description. not a" screenshots coming soon" messege.

Deeforce said:

Don’t make a megawad, try to create one level first and wait for the response, because you will regret it, if your levels are shitty...

Just look at my Nightmares of Loki megawad. I thought I was going to turn heads with that one lmao

Well, I'd like to see screenshots before I can judge this project will get finished or not.

Edit: oh well, I used the newproject tag at first... :P

Screen shots!

Im about 90% done, just going to polish the levels and test them to be sure I got ammo, health, and enemy placement right. Gameplay > detail, but detail is still very important. There is a nice twist in the story too. I'm sure a lot of you will at least feel satisfied with my wad.

I'm having a little trouble implementing my own intermission screen after level 6 though. I'm using WhackED but I'm not sure if that's the right program...