Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Competing Doom 3 Bosses

The Doom 3 boss contest has been concluded and (almost) all the participants have released their bosses to the excited public. The Doom 3 boss contest that was instigated by 6th Venom and The Happy friar over at Doom3world was done to give different people a quick break from their usual mod work and some all-around fun for the community at large. So boot up Doom 3 and kick some boss ass.

Screenshots? Also, was it really necessary to start the first two sentences with "The Doom 3 boss contest" and link to the thread in every sentence?

Looks interesting. I've never tried any Doom 3 mods (and I only have the vanilla game, not RoE), but I'll give these a look-see.

Maybe the authors included no screenhots to avoid spoilers?

So far I only tried 6tVenoms entry, but I can tell you his boss monster looks great (giant Giger-esque tentacle creature with two baby-like faces).

Tetzlaff said:

Maybe the authors included no screenhots to avoid spoilers

Sounds like a fair reason but I only own the Xbox version of Doom 3. What about people like me who will never be able to see these bad boys in action, let alone their quality?

exp(x) said:

Screenshots? Also, was it really necessary to start the first two sentences with "The Doom 3 boss contest" and link to the thread in every sentence?

The more links a news article has, the more credible it is.

What dull bosses... the first one was good. One of them looks like an imp. Another looks like a soldier, and the final boss looks like a storm astronache from Morrowind.

So I guess it's not safe to say that a big selling point of creating a boss is it's first impression on the player?