Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodenniumRed

PNG DIsplay problems?

I'm working on my WAD, Necrosis for HeXen, but in level 2 I get a weird error - you can see the junk around .PNG files!!!! What gives? It's only in level 2. Here's some screenies:

Do any of the other levels make use of fog? If not, try disabling the fog on that level and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, I haven't got a clue.

The first really looks like it couldn't work out the transparency. The second one looks like a mystery, a true ghost... Looks like a real ugly or really bugged light diminishing.

jplstatic said:

Shouldn't that green be cyan? or does the game interpret cyan that way

There is no Doom engine in existence that determines transparency by the color cyan, just some editors that cause a lot of confusion by doing so. Cyan isn't even in the standard Doom palette.

SUCCESS...

Download SLumpEd

Download Paint Shop Pro 7 or some other early version from either oldapps.com or oldversion.com i forget which if you don't already have a good graphics editor. hell use paint. nevermind this step

open your wad

go to the sprites in question

convert to Doom GFX

if the edges are NOT cyan, and I do mean for the sake of being used this program, then convert them back to PNG, export them as seperate files, edit them one by one to have background colors of cyan, reimport them, injecting the files one by one to the identical sprites they need to take place of, THEN convert to Doom GFX

save, then click the x for the wad file so that it REALLY saves, exit

play

Dogfish said:

convert to Doom GFX

Thereby forcing them into the Doom palette, nullifying one of the advantages of the PNG format.