Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Feminism

Creaphis said:

You realize this website is a complete sausage fest, right?

Well that is just a general assumption at first glance but there are a few women who post here however or some of them here might be even disguising themselves as males or some of them even making us mistakenly assuming their males by never mentioning their sex anywhere in their posting history and going by a alias of having creative or generic usernames even avaters that doesn't look/sound feminine and we don't even know it since the internet especially forums is subjective. Besides the total of 9,202 (which the number is constantly growing) members here on Doomworld can't be all male you know.

Creaphis said:

No, we're really all dudes.

I hope either joking or being sarcastic (or both) if your not then your just making bullshit rhetorics now. Just have a open mind to see that women are just as everywhere on the net (including this site) as men.

Nightmare Doom said:

Besides the total of 9,202 (which the number is constantly growing) members here on Doomworld can't be all male you know.

For some reason I don't quite see a 16 yo female getting a sudden interest in a 3D FPS video game that's almost as old as her. Or a 30 yo female, at that.

And yeah, it's been long proved that we on Doomworld are a bunch of racist, misogynist, white bigot misers. Welcome to the club.

I wonder how long it will be until someone links to a Dick Masterson video....

Maes said:

For some reason I don't quite see a 16 yo female getting a sudden interest in a 3D FPS video game that's almost as old as her. Or a 30 yo female, at that.

Well you never know since apparently you make it sound like that teenage boys can getting sudden interest to Doom then why not teenage girls? Since I (and one of my cousins) actually got a 7 year old girl to play Doom and she actually liked it which in turn she'll grow older and remember the game she played as a kid and go back playing it to relive her nostalgic moments like we usually do which is common knowledge (like I started playing Doom when I was 5 years old and I'm still playing since even though I will honestly say I'm male however).

OK. Feminism has been a negative influence in my life and I personally doubt I would ever stay hooked up with a woman who is a self-proclaimed feminist. I personally support women's rights, but there are certain things that really rub me the wrong way. For example, when half-nude women are on TV for whatever reason and a female in the room says "that is offensive and degrading to women", I can't stand it. Generally speaking, these women are fully consenting to these activities and they're probably even enjoying themselves. I think what these people are really saying is "I find it offensive that these women are worshipped because of their physical appearance." This is a variation of another attitude, which is "I should be loved and accepted for who I am". I have another 5 minute rant on that attitude so let's not even go there. I think what it boils down to is that unattractive people seem to have a problem with attractive people, generally speaking. (I know that attractiveness is subjective and relative so there's no need to remind me of this.) I think that people (men AND women) should stop fighting the laws of attraction and find better ways to live their lives.

I rarely ever saw women playing anything more involving than Pacman, Ladybug or Puzzle Bobble (back in the day where those where 't3h sh1t'), or online casual games, in more recent times.

I've never seen a woman (not girl) over 18 playing with or owning a PSP (or Gameboy, back in the day again), although most did love playing "nibbles" on the Nokia cell phones.

Maybe there's a scientific explanation of why they prefer certain, mostly simple and repetitive games but I can't be bothered searching for one. And regarding Doom, I really can't imagine a girl, even if exposed to it, playing it with the intention of seriously completing it.

P.S.: and by playing I mean actually getting involved in a game, not playing for 5 minutes after deciding it's too immature an act to engage in it any longer, which is what most women have to say about videogames.

AndrewB said:

OK. Feminism has been a negative influence in my life and I personally doubt I would ever stay hooked up with a woman who is a self-proclaimed feminist. I personally support women's rights, but there are certain things that really rub me the wrong way. For example, when half-nude women are on TV for whatever reason and a female in the room says "that is offensive and degrading to women", I can't stand it.

I guess you never watched the "Dreamworlds" series which are a series of very interesting documentaries which pretty much explains why that particular person said the mainstream media especially music videos portrays women as sex objects.

infact here's a trailer for the documentary...

Maes said:

I rarely ever saw women playing anything more involving than Pacman, Ladybug or Puzzle Bobble (back in the day where those where 't3h sh1t'), or online casual games, in more recent times.

I've never seen a woman (not girl) over 18 playing with or owning a PSP (or Gameboy, back in the day again), although most did love playing "nibbles" on the Nokia cell phones.

Well I think you you either

a. been hanging out with your male friends alot back in the day
b. you didn't look very hard or closely enough to notice
c. It could be the area you grew up in

Maes said:

Maybe there's a scientific explanation of why they prefer certain, mostly simple and repetitive games but I can't be bothered searching for one. And regarding Doom, I really can't imagine a girl, even if exposed to it, playing it with the intention of seriously completing it.

P.S.: and by playing I mean actually getting involved in a game, not playing for 5 minutes after deciding it's too immature an act to engage in it any longer, which is what most women have to say about videogames.

Well the only scientific explanation I can give is that most women in modern society are socially conditioned to behave in a certain way ever since child birth (have you ever noticed that boys play with toys that associate with warfare and allowed to go out side whilist girls are kept inside the house playing with toys that associate with domestic themes such as child care (dolls), cooking, etc) although it doesn't work on everybody all the time you know.

I can't even begin to... I don't know how to handle this type of topic. There are juts so many double standards.

For once I actually begin to side with Andrew.

Nightmare Doom said:

Well I think you you either

a. been hanging out with your male friends a lot back in the day
b. you didn't look very hard or closely enough to notice
c. It could be the area you grew up in

Lemme see...option c. would do the trick for me. Where I grew up (and still live, BTW), it was atypical for a boy to play with girls (also because, you know...being seen playing with dolls would get you labeled as a sissy). That didn't change, from what I can observe.

About looking closely enough, I can safely say that in all the years I frequented the arcades, very few girls ever entered those places. And those who did only played Pacman or at most Bubble Bobble, anyway. Now that arcade rooms are banned due to a certain stupid law, I can only comment on the usage patterns of women in Internet Cafes (mostly IRC and casual games), which unfortunately can't compare directly with the arcade game era. I must admit that I was awe-struck when I first saw women playing racing and fighting games (not in my country though).

Even if the situation may be different in, dunno, the USA, Australia, Switzerland or whatever, these are how "my" women grew up regarding video games. And yeah, it may all be about how they are brought up, but like it or not I have to "deal" with women which were brought up that way (and to all indications, their little sisters and one day their daughters will be, too).

I'm willing to believe that there is a girl who has played Doom, liked it, and later, played it all the way through. I'm willing to believe that there is a girl who has run a Google search for "Doom." I'm willing to believe that there's a girl somewhere who has done all this, lurked, and even posted here. But seriously, if you believe that women make up even a statistically significant portion of this website's users you really need to take a look around. You ask me to have an open mind, so please return the favour; just because you have your adorable notions of equality and whatnot that doesn't mean that men and women are the same. Interests are different and socializing is different. This goes beyond cultural conditioning, and reaches all the way to pure, neurological truth. The few females that feel even an inkling of interest in this game do not have the urge to talk about it here.

You say that there may be some women here pretending to be men. Let me note that all regular posters, and even all irregular posters, are confirmed males. If you attempt to offer a counter example, you'll only look silly. Let me also note that this website is not a place to be ashamed. We share our secrets. We post our photos, which shows that this is both an open community, and an extraordinarily male community. We have forum members who admit to crimes more shocking than being female such as being a drug-user, conservative, black, gay, or religious. If there truly are women here, reading this post, I invite them to show their true identities - to come out of the closet, and into the kitchen, as it were. We promise to make no more fun of you than we already make of everybody else.

Maes said:

That's because they're too busy in the kitchen perfecting the fine art of sandwich making. :V

I'm somewhat ambivalent towards feminism and so long as overzealous reformist legislators don't start trampling on the rights of the other half of the population I'll probably remain that way.

My gf plays Fortress Forever and Doom and shes hot [well if you like the punk type] lol

As for feminism. If the states or even the world would have equal rights like it should then there would be no need for the feminist movement. I have noting agents it and I do feel it is needed tell the day we pull our heads out of our asses.

This is a little off topic but Maes you got it wrong. While the majority of us might be raciest. But, I'm a member of Antifa a group that is agents fascism, Capitalism and Racism. I have been a member of the UK Antifa movement for 12 years now.

I believe in equality for both sexes; but I subscribe neither to the belief that men and women are not different nor that one sex is superior to the other (misogynist theory/"womyn")

I once knew a girl who liked Doom...because she found pinkies funny, nothing more, nothing less.

And feminism sucks. There's nothing wrong with equality per se, but the "feministic movement" is made of idiots who see nothing but violation of women's rights and chauvinistic male dominance where ever they look. They are so ridiculously obsessed with their train of thought that men are trying to oppress women that they can't see situations where women are and always have been "superior" to men, and therefor won't rest until the both sexes are at least equal in everything or, more preferably, women have become "superior" in everything.

Because it's simply impossible for men to be "good" at, say, 25 % of stuff, women to be good at an other 25 % and then be equal at the 50 % of stuff that's left, or something else that actually might make sense. No, any single situation where a man might even have a slightly upper hand against a woman is a crime against humanity comparable to the holocaust.

Fuck feminists.

Maes said:

There are a few female posters in the ZDoom forum, so there. Female Doomers. Who can make mods (eh, not everyone does, heh). Also, forums of games like RPGs with a bit more character formation than Doom and which aren't all boom-boom-kill-kill tend to have quite a few female members, possibly in moderator position. Quite likely ZDoom also has that same difference against general Doom.

As for feminism? I've never seen ANYONE here in my land sport it. But again, I'm not social enough to meet all sorts of strange people. Anyway it doesn't seem imminent. I don't even think I should worry... But in fear of having myself suggested otherwise, I'm not visiting ANY sites posted by Nightmare Doom at the top.

I can’t say I’m feminist because I don’t really like this word, I prefer antisexist. The word has an interest: it pisses off the sexists and machos (are they masculinists?) and it developped the women’s cause.
Anyway, I don’t know of which kind of feminism I am closer, but I don’t like quotas.

Jodwin said:
And feminism sucks. There's nothing wrong with equality per se, but the "feministic movement" is made of idiots who see nothing but violation of women's rights and chauvinistic male dominance where ever they look. They are so ridiculously obsessed with their train of thought that men are trying to oppress women that they can't see situations where women are and always have been "superior" to men, and therefor won't rest until the both sexes are at least equal in everything or, more preferably, women have become "superior" in everything.

Oh yeah, and let's reduce art to genre material, sports to hooliganism, love for one's country to nationalist bigotry and excellence in general to pretentious elitism, now that we're at it. Let's make all those wide sweeping statements so we can make the feminazis feel smart.

Feminism is a movement (or a series of movements) and many can espouse its principles. If you want to define it by its retards, you are saying something about yourself.

myk said:

Feminism is a movement (or a series of movements) and many can espouse its principles. If you want to define it by its retards, you are saying something about yourself.

Hey, man always has had the need for classifying things in a rational, easy to process manner. Good or Bad, Yin or Yang, Black or White etc.

Stereotypes and retards just make it easier and more generic to label something, and it's perfectly OK for the vast majority of people. Some may call this "ignorance is bliss", and they won't be all too far from the truth, either.

Trying to elevate oneself "above" such easy pre-digested stereotypes and canned characterizations and doing his/her own thinking, while admirable, takes far too much effort for the average grunt to handle, and is not risk-free either, both in terms of social stigma and straying down a wrong path.

E.g. becoming interested in objectively defining and understanding e.g. Nazism or putting the mechanisms of western democracies in doubt is a hard task not really up to everybody's abilities to rationally discuss, let alone undertake.

I'm an old-school feminist, and all of you sexist bastards will never have a deep and rewarding relationship with a woman. Enjoy a life of deception if you get married.

These days feminism seems to mean one of two things. The first is the Feminazi type, with the women? who are like "OMG castrate all men, they're all rapists". Then there is the Girl Power type of feminism which is like "OMG I'm a woman so I'm going to celebrate by being a sex toy for all the guys". It started as something entirely different though, which was just to make sure women had all the same rights as men and to feel good about being themselves (being a woman was once pretty much considered to be shameful).

Myself, I believe that the sexes should be equal and that women should have the choice of whatever job they desire and to do what they please with their own bodies. I think we're pretty much equal these days, but I think there needs to be a shift in how women are portrayed in the media since it seems to either encourage the "Girl Power" BS, or encourage a 1950s mentality.

Despite my thoughts on allowing women to have any job they want, though, I think society has taken it too far by basically forcing both the man and woman of the house to have a job. The last couple generations of kids have basically been neglected because of this. There should always be one parent at home, and I don't care which one it is. I wouldn't mind myself being a stay-at-home dad some day. A coworker of mine seems to have a good system in place. Her husband works in the day, and she works night shifts so one of them is always home taking care of their son (and on weekends they're both home).

Also, I know for a fact at least 3 women have posted here before, but two of them were chased off by the assholes on this forum and the other one never really was a big Doomworld poster.

myk said:

I'm defining what I'm defining based on what I've seen and what I know. If all I've personally seen of feminism are the retards, then I'd guess that speaks of the movement's lack of non-retards instead.

has anyone considered that nightmare doom might be a militant feminist, pretending to be a man and who is trying to make us all look bad?

btw I support teh equal sex thing but it is inevitable that men are going to be better at certain things and women are going to be better at others, we can't have the exact same opportunitys as it just wouldn't work.