Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brandon D. Lade

Eternal Revelations Demo Looks UGLY!

When I am trying to play Eternal's 3 map demo of Eternal Revelations with ZDoom, all I am getting is textures that look way out of place as well as many walls and floors of gray and white checkerboard textures. It really looks UGLY! Was this wad made to look ugly intentionally, or is there a problem?

In ZDoom, the checkerboard texture indicates the use of a texture that is missing from the TEXTURE1 lump or any other sort of texture definition. The text file for Eternal Revelations specifically says that you must load Eternal Doom alongside Revelations to play it as intended. Try that and see if the problem is solved.

The Green Herring said:

In ZDoom, the checkerboard texture indicates the use of a texture that is missing from the TEXTURE1 lump or any other sort of texture definition. The text file for Eternal Revelations specifically says that you must load Eternal Doom alongside Revelations to play it as intended. Try that and see if the problem is solved.

Thanks - Tried that, problem solved. Should've looked at the .txt file closer.

However, one question: If the checkerboard texture is used to represent a missing texture in ZDoom, then how come if I try to (in ZDoom) load Plutonia 2 through the Doom2 IWad, rather than the Plutonia IWad, I see solid black, not checkerboard, where textures are missing? Just curious if anyone knows; it seems a bit inconsistent.

Man, you should really change the title of this thread to "Eternal Revelations textures problem" or something like that.

If I'm not mistaken, a grey and white checkerboard texture indicates that a texture for the flat or sidedef has been defined, but that texture is missing.

Some PWADS require certain texture files to be run.

Brandon D. Lade said:

Thanks - Tried that, problem solved. Should've looked at the .txt file closer.

However, one question: If the checkerboard texture is used to represent a missing texture in ZDoom, then how come if I try to (in ZDoom) load Plutonia 2 through the Doom2 IWad, rather than the Plutonia IWad, I see solid black, not checkerboard, where textures are missing? Just curious if anyone knows; it seems a bit inconsistent.

In that wad, the texture1 entries are there but the patches they reference aren't.

Another question on something I have run into before: In ZDoom, what does it mean when I see a red, diamond shaped sign with a yellow exclamation point (!) in the middle of it? Because I have run into this several times before.

That means that the THINGS lump contained an unknown item or the sprites for it are missing.

THe console will show an appropriate error messages if a warning sign is spawned.