Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Creaphis

ZanZan Trouble

As part of my continuing voyage through the past, I've been checking out ZanZan, and aside from some slip-ups in execution, I'm really impressed by Edmundo Bordeu's creativity. Just one problem: the included ZDoomGL 0.66 package is hideously unstable. I've finally reached a point in a level where the game crashes every time, instead of just most of the time, so, question: How much work would it be to get the TC running in something stable, like GZDoom?

Woohoo!

Edit: Hm, yeah. That immediately leaves some things to be desired. The first floor is unreflective, the player doesn't start damaged, the first monsters just lurch along slowly and are completely harmless... bleck.

Creaphis said:

Woohoo!

Edit: Hm, yeah. That immediately leaves some things to be desired. The first floor is unreflective, the player doesn't start damaged, the first monsters just lurch along slowly and are completely harmless... bleck.

yeah all that has been fixed now IIRC (port wise) and the TC will have to be updated.

I've finished the wad now, so I care less, but this wad definitely should be preserved. It seems that it's currently impossible to play it how it should be played, unless ZDoomGL 0.66 still works on some computers.

Creaphis said:

Woohoo!

Sadly, the author who made a port, isn't in communtiy for about 2-3 years already and it doesn't look like he will ever return heh

It could probably just be redone from scratch, to avoid the current errors and make new ones.

I know nobody else is going to volunteer to do this, so tell you what: if (this is a huge if, by the way) I feel that I want to start learning about advanced GZDoom modding and wad packaging I'll do this conversion for practice. Odds of this happening ever are at around 1%.

That's a probability I heavily look forward to.