Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Album/CD covers for Jimmy's "Introductions" music, and Plutonia 2 Soundtrack

Over the past three days, I've been hard at work designing album cover prototypes for my general MIDI collection (now called "Introductions") and my Plutonia 2 contributions. The MIDIs have been converted to MP3 and burnt onto a CD for easy listening.

I created album art for the "Introductions" cover art (a 3-minute mock-up in Paint.NET :P) and used Publisher to create the back cover art and CD art.

For Plutonia 2, I did the same, but used Thomas Van der Velden's high-res Plutonia 2 titlepic and a blank help screen for the art instead of doing my own, bleh. :P Sorry T.V... hope you don't mind. :/ (You have been mentioned on the PL2 Soundtrack album back cover. :P)

Covers: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2473/dscf0279hy5.jpg
Backs: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/306/dscf0278sd6.jpg
CDs: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5693/dscf0275qk0.jpg

Now, the question is: would you buy these? :3

At some point in my life, I made CD artwork for Interscope (99-01). This stuff is great. Looks nice, fits nice and I've seen a lot of ameture stuff.

I give it 7-10. If you had a booklet it would be 10-10 or a clear inlay with a reverse to the back :-)

Yeah, they look good. I agree a booklet would make sense. You could include track comments like you did in the text file for Plutonia 2.

Working on integrating the text into the image's flow would help. Plutonia looks good but the other is pretty bland. Same with the CDs.

Text placement could make the covers look more professional; I know it's an odd comment but it seems like even with Times New Roman or some simple font if you place it right it makes the whole thing look better.

It looks good. And no, I don't mind :-)

I thought about making box-art for Plutonia 2 some time ago, but figured the resolution of the images was too low. You seem to have pulled it off though (a CD box is of course smaller than a game/DVD box).

I'd say it looks pretty professional. Then again I have zero expertise related to this stuff.

I'd buy it if I had money :]

Despite the quaity of the midi's; don't count on selling many of these. It is hard to sell your art. Everyone thinks it is "very nice", but nobody will ever lay down money except maybe some friends and family, but only because they want to be supportive :-)

In the end, you make art for yourself and nobody else.

You are not rich yet :-)

I'm not really intending on selling those particular songs in MP3 format (I literally takes me 20 seconds to select the files and then the rest of the 5-minute process is done by the computer), since that's just being a lazy sellout. :3

I do plan to go into the music business sooner or later, though. Esselfortium's work on "A Terrible Flood" has inspired me somewhat, truth be told. :P

I can put a message on the Pl2 website promoting the CD. Even if you don't sell anything it looks professional to have an official soundtrack :-).

Can you make a 'better' picture of the CD? A photograph from right above would make a nice illustration...

t.v. said:

I can put a message on the Pl2 website promoting the CD. Even if you don't sell anything it looks professional to have an official soundtrack :-).

Can you make a 'better' picture of the CD? A photograph from right above would make a nice illustration...

Well, that'd then require a pretty decent sum of money to be spent having a bunch of copies of it pressed, which wouldn't be worthwhile if there wasn't an expectation of it being returned through sales. :P

For Urban Brawl, I've been using a Lightscribe drive to make the CDs and it turned out pretty well. Printing Stickers or actually paying to manufacture CDs would be way to expensive.