Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreadopp

Chip's Challenge Game

I am looking for a game that looks pretty much the same as Chip's Challenge, but you play as a vampire (That, or just some random guy in a cape). You were able to shoot axes, arrows and other things like that. I think some of the enemies include mummies, skeletons and ghosts. I have no idea what it was called, so I don't know what to search for. Does anyone else know of this game and could tell what it was? Or am I just imagining playing that game back in the day?

Awww, joining Melinda's Computer Club. What better reward a Nerd playing the game (and the one starring in the game) could ask for? A Computer Club whose leader is a chixz0r. Although, after playing through 140 levels, you may be too white and nerdy even for a computer club.

leileilol said:

Gauntlet? I don't know how you confuse THAT with Chip's Challenge though.

No, it wasn't Gauntlet. It looks exactly the same as Chip's Challenge, but with different sprites and you were able to shoot projectiles. I'm not sure if it was a mod or a separate game altogether. I don't really remember anything about it other than the things I already mentioned.

Technician said:

Darn. I thought we were going to have a hardcore CC appreciation thread.

We still could. It was a pretty cool game. :)

Danarchy said:

Sounds like Castlevania. I have no idea what Chip's Challenge is though.

Are you serious? someone made a doom version of it a couple months ago.

Danarchy said:

Sounds like Castlevania. I have no idea what Chip's Challenge is though.

It's a game about a boy who eats computer chips that are bigger than him. It's also about shoes.

Oh, it's also a very rad game.

Okay, then maybe you were just tripping balls.

Either that, or it was Monster Party.

Danarchy said:

Okay, then maybe you were just tripping balls.

Either that, or it was Monster Party.

No he actually knows what he's talking about. It's definitely about getting computer chips (and eating them perhaps) keys that are destroyed after being used, and various bits of footwear that help you go through obstacles, and it was most certainly rad.

Here's the doom version

I typed Monster Party into Google and the box art sort of resembles the game (or mod, not sure which) I am looking for. The actual game, however, does not.

JohnnyRancid said:

keys that are destroyed after being used

I always wondered why the green key never got "destroyed" when it was used.

Dreadopp said:

I am looking for a game that looks pretty much the same as Chip's Challenge, but you play as a vampire (That, or just some random guy in a cape). You were able to shoot axes, arrows and other things like that. I think some of the enemies include mummies, skeletons and ghosts.

Solomon's Key? The guy in a cape is there...the mummies/skeletons too...only the axe/arrow part doesn't quite match, otherwise it's pretty close.

Another puzzle game similar to Chip's Challenge would be Kickle Cubele (I have a cool portable famiclone version of it) and there's even another arcade game (Pushman) which has the exact type of gameplay with chip's challenge (pushing blocks, one-way pathways etc.) only it has a blue or purple guy in a cape.

I tried the windows version of Chip's Challenge though and it's sickeningly choppy....ahh the good old days where "scrolling" was a commodity on the PC...especially windoze games.