Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Let's play some LEFT 4 DEAD RAHHHHH

dead or alive sucks

left 4 dead isn't that very good either
it's just cooperative zombie shooting, but very dumbed down, and overrated only for the whole 'valve' association alone, with production values on top of it

SuperSlammer2 said:

I didn't really like this game because it was like Halflife with scary zombies. and one guy hates Ayn Rand which is my favorite author

Atlas shrugged is a huge pile of crap tbqh.

I like it. To me it doesn't pretend to be anything other than a mindless zombie survival game. They give you some basic levels, some reasonable firepower and hordes of zombies to slaughter. What else do you need? :)

To me, it does what many good games have done in the past: boils down the gaming experience to the simple elements that make it fun without trying to add layers upon layers of the unnecessary crap that tends to make modern games linear railroaded affairs. It's not Doom. It's far from Doom, but that's what worked with Doom and it helps L4D too IMO.

leileilol said:

dead or alive sucks

left 4 dead isn't that very good either
it's just cooperative zombie shooting, but very dumbed down, and overrated only for the whole 'valve' association alone, with production values on top of it

You know that dude at the party that nobody wants to talk to because the majority of their time spent is talking about how everything popular is overrated and shitty?

Well, you probably don't because I'm sure nobody would invite you to a party to begin with. However, just to let you know, if you WERE invited to a party you'd definitely be this guy.

Steam ID: blanketboy25

I'm in :D

And I'm in full agreement with what Enjay said. This games doesn't blather with extra useless crap and I still find myself coming back to play day after day.

Only played xbux version with a friend. I really enjoyed it, for its simple approach. Also I think it was nice to see valve do something else.

Bucket said:

And where the hell were you all weekend?

Ontop of Mercy hospital fending off a tank :/

My steam ID is Phucket. I gotta say, I'm really liking vs. mode so far. Playing as a hunter is probably my favorite part about it. It's pretty satisfying to pounce on an injured survivor who was left for dead by his teammates and just start ripping their precious flesh off and throwing it into the air like confetti. I still can't master the boomer though. He really requires a stealthy approach since it only takes two or three hits too kill him, which is pretty difficult due to the fact that he can't shut the fuck up for more then fifteen seconds. Mostly I just spawn behind a door that the survivors have to pass through and vomit on them as they come through, or just drop down from above and into their line of fire when they're backed up in a corner.
The only thing I don't really like about versus mode so far is that a lot of the people playing tend to be real dicks. I've seen a lot of people randomly call vote kicks to kick random people off their team when they lost, and there are a quite a few people who will also kick you off their team if your skill doesn't quite meet their standards. Doesn't help that a lot of the people tend to vote yes without even knowing what they're voting for. I could probably call a vote saying "Kick this guy because he's nothing but jew lover" and people would probably still vote yes.

Craigs said:

I could probably call a vote saying "Kick this guy because he's nothing but jew lover" and people would probably still vote yes.

There's this glitch that happens sometimes when two people join an almost full server (it might have been patched now), where one will get to play, and the other spectates. The thing is, L4D doesn't have a spectator mode, which means the spectator can do just about everything besides controlling a character. When this happens to me, I just call votes anonymously on the actual players.

No, most people do not know what they're voting for, and it works about 96% of the time.

Nobody in the world can shot with with a shotgun and jump at same time. Especially if they are chased by fucking marathonist zombies

Pedro VC said:

Nobody in the world can shot with with a shotgun and jump at same time. Especially if they are chased by fucking marathonist zombies

I guess it's a good thing it's a video game.

Pedro VC said:

This game doesn't really reward you for it. Jumping around like a child on a sugar rush will likely lead you to a shit load of friendly fire. Unlike every multiplayer game in ever made, you want to be spending a lot of time sitting still.

leileilol said:
[...]it's just cooperative zombie shooting, but very dumbed down[...]

Dumb down... What?

yeah man I want tactics and shit in my zombie slaughter game

Pedro VC said:

It's a good thing, but not realistic.

Boy, I can't wait for video games to become that realistic so that I have a good enough excuse to give up playing video games entirely. :D

AgentSpork said:

Boy, I can't wait for video games to become that realistic so that I have a good enough excuse to give up playing video games entirely. :D

Wear some goggles with a hud painted on them.