Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Alando Guns X

Hello everyone; I know it has been a while since I posted something but I have news that I will be uploading Alando Guns X soon. I apologize for the long wait but I had to do a lot of testing with it and debugging. Over the past year, I faced real hell so it pushed me back a lot. 2008 sucked because my father suffered a stroke and a few weeks later passed away. Anyway, I hope to get this wad uploaded ASAP and when it is up to download, I hope all of you will enjoy it.

-Alando1

Very good question. Well I can definitly tell you that this weapon wad makes up for the things people wanted me to fix from the previous Alandoguns wad. Of course I've added many new things to Alandoguns X and hopefully it fulfills the requests I received from the reviews. Surely enough, the only thing that will remain unchanged is the fun people got out of the original wad.

alando1 said:
Of course I've added many new things to Alandoguns X[/B]

Not to rain on your parade, Alando, but one thing I didn't like about the original Alandoguns was the sheer number of weapons you crammed into the wad file. I think that perhaps less is more, and you should really think about which weapons really add something to the game and which ones are no fun to use or are made pointless by other weapons.

No need to worry, Wild Weasel, I made sure I included guns that are good and fun to use. After reading the reviews of the original wad, I took those into consideration and fixed what I could for this sequal.

tubers93 said:

Will it have separate DECORATE files? For e.g. WEAPAONS, MONSTERS, etc.

What so you can rip them easier?

Actually, tubers93, everything was included in one DECORATE lump. I felt it was easy for me to work with.

alando1 said:

Actually, tubers93, everything was included in one DECORATE lump. I felt it was easy for me to work with.

I find it easier to debug Decorate when it's separated into several different lumps. It also reduces the chances of your preferred WAD editor crashing upon loading your lump. WWHC-Diaz's decorate is large enough that, if combined into a single lump, it would likely cause XWE to hang.

I'll take your word for it. Of course I'll have to figure out how to work the separation of the DECORATE but definitely I'll try this idea.
I use DeeP Sea and everything works well with no problems but since you mentioned that it would be easier to debug things, I think it's worth a shot.

alando1 said:

I use DeeP Sea and everything works well with no problems but since you mentioned that it would be easier to debug things, I think it's worth a shot.

You should use SlumpED a bit to separate the DECORATE lumps

Just curious, can any of you help me upload my wad? I tried contacting Ty Halderman but the email didn't go through. If he has an updated email, can someone let me know? I'm having difficulty with the ftp program.

If anyone is wondering, I'll probably wind up uploading Alando Guns X to FileFront or something and zdoom.org. Hopefully I can upload to these places so everyone can get a glimpse of my weapons wad.

alando1 said:

Just curious, can any of you help me upload my wad? I'm having difficulty with the ftp program.

What FTP problems did you have? The most common issue tends to be too many connections (more than one) open to the server.

The issue that I have with the FTP program is that it is telling me that it is unable to connect successfully. I'm using FTP Explorer and I'm connecting to archives.3dgamers.com. The program is taking a long time to connect and then after like 5 minutes, it tells me it can't connect. I tried contacting Ty Halderman but my email said that it was unable to send it to him possibly due to an email change.