Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Inferno

SF4 and DoWII

Instead of making two threads I thought I'd just post about the two here.

So yes. Street Fighter 4 and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 came out a few days ago, and I was able to check out both of them.

I don't know how many of you guys like street fighter but this game is worth playing if your into the fighting genre. Very tactical, and the characters aren't cheap either. Plus it's rendered very well. I got this for my 360, and I'm sure its a ton of fun with live.

Warhammer is nuts. The game is very intense. The graphics are VERY nice and unit animations are very smooth. The skirmishes are very action orientated, because there really is not any base management outside of making some squads from your main HQ. It kind of plays like a mix of Company of Heroes and Warcraft 3, but with a warhammer flavor. The single player campaign is cool too but takes an rpg approach so its very unorthodox. I was able to check this out at my friend's place since he has a good machine to run it on. My "good" comp unfortunatly has been running slow lately and I feel it would need to get some manual updates to run it (It was able to run Company of Heroes but not very smoothly, and I was only able to play Red Alert 3 on the lowest graphical settings).

So I give both these titles a thumbs up. Any thoughts?

Inferno said:

The skirmishes are very action orientated, because there really is not any base management outside of making some squads from your main HQ.

So yet an other micromanagement fag fest? Pass.

I was planning to get SF4 on the PC, but I guess I'll have to wait til summer...I haven't played fighting games at all since Third Strike.

I played the DOWII Beta for a few days. I thought it was very good for the kind of game it was--an RTS thats based on tactics more than resource and base management. Those who don't have time for ~30-1hr multiplayer sessions should try this game, I rarely played over 15 mins in 3v3. At first it seems like its a dumbed-down RTS but the cover system and abilities add variety to the strategy part. The only reason I'm not getting this game is because I like to focus on one RTS for a while and I'd rather wait for Starcraft II (Beta).

I'm playing SFIV right now. I don't really like fighting games; I'm just playing through it for nostalgia, and to kill time until Killzone 2 comes out.