Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

How annoying is it...

When people host doom servers, put mouselook on, and turn autoaim off?

do dmflags 200708

or

do the silent bfg code in zdaemon (ive forgotten what it is)

Autoaim / Keyboard aim rulez!

Mouse(look/move/anything) in DOOM sux!

Kill those people!

I've never been able to adapt to using a mouse in any FPS.
I'm a keyboard/auto-aim whore.

Using a mouse is retarded because they have like three buttons. You need more than that to play, and it's just a pain in the ass to have one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse.

my opinion: it's 2002, the times have changed. MOUSELOOK IS IN!

then why don't you get started to switch playing some other games instead of staying here? Doom is Doom, nothing else changes its best setting and gameplay as it was planned. The fact is it was out in '93. If you wanna have m/look in the game, then why don't u go play quake or something, which makes no difference between doom and quake, except the changes in their stories

Heh, well, actually I play mouse plus keys, but Doom just wasn't made for mouseaim. If it was you'd get a sniper rifle, there would be 1/4 as many monsters, and you'd be able to be stealthier easier (which isn't even fun anyway).

It's doubly annoying in Heretic and Hexen games because of the gargoyles and disciples/bishops flying around.

Using a mouse is retarded because they have like three buttons. You need more than that to play, and it's just a pain in the ass to have one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse.

No, it's not.

aahhh...at long last, Lament and I agree.

'Mouse and Keyboard' = Good FPS control

...So why does it matter whether it's Doom or not?

Well, the original post was not about mouse, but about mouselook

Why would it be a pain in the ass? Maybe in your arms if you are that lame :P

Maybe his hands grow out of his ass?

Well, the original post was not about mouse, but about mouselook

I meant 'mouse', as in when you use 'mouselook'...

keyboard + mouse = perfect control configuration

Absolutly, for the newer FPSs. AV64, take note, you don't just use the mouse. I learnt to balance them perfect with Klingon Honor Guard, but I still play Doom with a Gamepad Pro, lol.

Well, I don't have time for another rant against all you mouse lamers, but did you notice that only options 4 and 5 were getting votes? It seems that people are either pro-mouse or extremely against it, and nothing in between...

my opinion: it's 2002, the times have changed. MOUSELOOK IS IN!

then why don't you get started to switch playing some other games instead of staying here? Doom is Doom, nothing else changes its best setting and gameplay as it was planned. The fact is it was out in '93. If you wanna have m/look in the game, then why don't u go play quake or something, which makes no difference between doom and quake, except the changes in their stories

...and did I ever freaking say I play doom anymore? I just post here, and to add to that I'd like to say you probably won't ever find a post from me that's doom related.

Why would it be a pain in the ass? Maybe in your arms if you are that lame :P

your so cool and funny fredrik your my hero :):):):):):)

MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA EVOLVE YOU SUCKERS!!!11

Heh, I've got used to play Doom and Quake1 with keyboard only and every post Quake1 game with both keyboard and mouse.
I use the mouse buttons to move forwards and backwards, the mouse itself for freelook and the keyboard for shooting, jumping, strafing and using.

And I've managed to perfect both techniques :-)
So my advice to those of you who use the keyboard exclusively: learn to use the mouse in combination with the keyboard in newer FPSs, but maintain your l33t keyboard playing sk1llz in Doom regularly.

Ports were made to make doom playable on todays systems. The fps of today have different control so the control method has to advance for doom too. I use WSAD for doom with mouselook on but freelook off so i use the mouse to turn and shoot i strafe with a and d and i leave jump off to keep it like the original.

Well, I don't have time for another rant against all you mouse lamers, but did you notice that only options 4 and 5 were getting votes? It seems that people are either pro-mouse or extremely against it, and nothing in between...

Oh GOD DAMMIT!

This thread is about MOUSELOOK in Doom, not MOUSE in Doom.

I DO USE THE MOUSE FOR DOOMING. HERE IS MY CONTROL SETUP.

Left Mouse Button = Fire
Middle Mouse Button/Shift/Dblclick Right Mouse = Open
Right Mouse Button = Forward
Spacebar = Backpedal
S = Strafe Left
D = Strafe Right
Mouse movement = Turning (Freelook off).

I AM ANTI MOUSELOOK (FREELOOK (IN DOOM)) NOT ANTI MOUSE.

It just pisses me off to join a game and find out that some idiot has put mouselook and jump on without allowing autoaim like Doom is one of those inane fucking new FPSs and has one enemy every two minutes that you snipe from 5000 feet away with your super-dee-duper sniper rifle before they notice that you're about to break into the secret enemy base and shut down project Red Fuckcheese before the evil terrorist organization can put it into action and rule the world and pluck gold teeth from people's mouths and shit.

I saw this in a Heretic coop game once and it took the two basrads three or four damn minutes just to clear the first two or three rooms of gargoyles, when they should've just been done with the map.

When I play the newer FPS games, I do use mouselook (freelook) because those games were designed for it. Doom engine games were not. End of story.

Hey I thought I was alone to be using right MB for forward :)

Heh, I think Deathwarrior uses it too.

OH YES AUTO-AIM REALLY SHOWS YOUR SKILLS. All ports have an extremely responsive mouse support, just like any other FPS out there.

Using auto-aim is one axis behind a Z-bot.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

Like whoever said he was a "keyboard auto-aim whore", I fail to see how it's even possible to use a mouse in an FPS.

Like whoever said he was a "keyboard auto-aim whore", I fail to see how it's even possible to use a mouse in an FPS.

ROTFL, I fail to see how it's possible to play any FPS since Quake 1 WITHOUT a mouse. I mean, you have to constantly look up and down all the time to hit enemies on ledges and stuff, and aiming must be a nightmare. Serious Sam 1 & 2 are probably exceptions to this though :)

Did you perhaps mean that you 'fail to see how it's even possible to use a mouse in DOOM?', or have you just not played any FPS since 1993 or so? ;)

/me gives Nightmare the finger

Ok...DOOM...how about that. For aiming...that's the "A", "Z", and "End" keys are for, numbnuts. I do fine on Quake and Quake 2 without a mouse.