Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Doom Co-op Public Beta #1

This is the double megawad WIP I have been working on and off since September 2008. It contains the classic DOOM and DOOM 2 v1.9 maps (minus Episode 4 and Doom 2 secret levels) that are being heavily altered for single and better co-op play. Not only it ups the monster count but contains structural alterations that match up with the map/episode's theme as much as possible.

Did I mention this is a WORK IN PROGRESS? Feedback and suggestions are welcome for this. I would suggest playing Doom's episode 1 (especially EP1) and 2 since they have maps that have the highest amount of modifications to them as I will go through the rest of the Doom maps again before working back on Doom 2 (MAP17 through MAP30 have no structural change to them yet but contain the old version with things-only changes)

The PB1 can be downloaded HERE

Some alterations to maps have changed since posting the below screenshots:

Edit: Yes, I know about the issues in E1M2 and E1M6 and that will be fixed.

Hi,
I played some of your levels and I can say that they are not as good as if IDGames created them, but they are quite okay. Maybe you want to include new midi files? Because the original songs we heard about so long over and over again...

Deeforce said:

Hi,
I played some of your levels and I can say that they are not as good as if IDGames created them,

IDGames doesn't create levels.

Ooops, I think I’m too often at the Idgames data base, lol. Yay, IDSoftware, yay! But even then you are right too: they don’t create any levels for the old doom anymore...

IDGames said:

Yes I do.

Oh my god!

Gotta love it when people make joke accounts for one post. Someone did the same for someone asking what Klem's email and someone named markklem made a one word post, bumping something from 3-4 years ago.

Also, yes I know what you mean Dee but again I'm not an expert mapper like the AV folks are. I do stick to the theme of the map the best I can if you see (examples include E1M3, E1M5, E1M1, E1M7)

I like bigger challenges for the classic maps, thus is why I am doing this.

And for ZDoom engine ports (Skulltag, Zdoom), there is extra content as matching blood for caco/hellknight/baron atop extra sounds for the zombies and a seperate sound for the chaingun.

Hey again,

Mr. Chris said:

I'm not an expert mapper like the AV folks are

Uhhh... I really don’t like Alien Vendetta, but ok: they may be experts, because there are many people, who like their works. I have to admit that I only played some of your levels in singleplayer. So, if you don’t have a router, we could play it on Doomconnector and try it out :-P!

Mr. Chris said:
Gotta love it when people make joke accounts for one post. Someone did the same for someone asking what Klem's email and someone named markklem made a one word post, bumping something from 3-4 years ago.

I don't think that was a joke, just Mark posting that way so people could see his current email address, from his profile.

Deeforce said:

Hey again,
Uhhh... I really don’t like Alien Vendetta, but ok: they may be experts, because there are many people, who like their works. I have to admit that I only played some of your levels in singleplayer. So, if you don’t have a router, we could play it on Doomconnector and try it out :-P!

Would sound good, I would have to transfer the latest version to you on there since I have made alterations to several maps since PB1's release. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon?

Mr. Chris said:

Perhaps tomorrow afternoon?

Do you mean the 27th of february? Ok. You live in New York? Then the time difference amounts 6 hours from there to me. I will send you a PM to discuss further on...

Well, yes. I did an Episode 1 co-op with Deeforce and "Tom" from Doom Connector and it is quite chaotic with the multiplayer only monsters added in with all the other stuff for single player.