Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Feminism

Hellbent said:

You're kidding, right?

We know there are women who use the internet. The real meaning to "theres no chicks on the internet" is that you shouldn't expect to meet a girl and establish a relationship with her through the internet like total internet addicts dream of. It can be done, but it's a lot like traveling using only backroads instead of a interstate highway. Chances are it's not going to get you where you want to go.

deathbringer said:

*ignores entire thread*

Hey, remember that stupid bint we had on the forums once who would pick up on the slightest little thing in somebody's post and call the poster "Shoveneist"? whatever happened to her?

Or the guy who would do the same but call people "BIGATED". We seem to have had a monopoly on badly-spelt PC trolls down the years. All both of them.

I don't remember either of those people and I've been on these boards for years. The second one kind of describes a few people I vaguely remember though.

JohnnyRancid said:

We know there are women who use the internet. The real meaning to "theres no chicks on the internet" is that you shouldn't expect to meet a girl and establish a relationship with her through the internet like total internet addicts dream of. It can be done, but it's a lot like traveling using only backroads instead of a interstate highway. Chances are it's not going to get you where you want to go.

Hey, I'm an expert at traveling backroads. Its almost a hobby of mine. It's never very expedient, but it's fun. Women on the other hand, I totally fail at online or IRL.

I'm sticking with George Carlin's way of thinking on feminism. If you don't know who he is, you really missed out on something, a great comedian, he was...Damn shame he died...

Same last name as Magikal (Kevin Reay, RIP), I wonder if there's a relation.

myk said:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

The "PC trolls" (we'd have to be specific to see if they are either) usually spell pretty well. The guys who can't spell are generally of the other type, actually. If anyone may be trolling here it's Nightmare Doom himself, who did nothing but start the thread without providing any original or personal input, and not the people in the discussion.

She might have spelt it "shovenist" not "shoveneist". There's only one result for the first though, and i couldn't see her style of posting in it.

I think that the the search function doesn't cover post hell, though.

I found it. It was an account named Chaos Cobra which lasted 6 posts, apparently related somehow to Woolie Wool.

Because the best way to be respected for who you are is to preemptively be an asshole. It's like a vaccination against "uncool".

Ummm there are girls on the Doomworld forums.... Cuz I'm a girl and I actually like Doom alot. Although lately I've been playing Chex Quest alot... And yeah I'm currently working on a couple projects. Although I'm kinda waiting for Doom Builder 2 to be released... But yes there are girls who like doom...
Oh on a semi unrelated note is there a mod for Doom that has a girl holding the weapons? You know like a female fist or something... Cuz I've already found a semi decent female status head thing and a female marine sprite set with all new player sounds and yeah...

Cool! Welcome here!

The thing, though, is that you're the exception that proves the rule. Even if there are more female Doomers than we realize, they still never seem to make it past ten posts on this site before disappearing. At the end of the day Doomworld still has less diversity than a bowl of macaroni and cheese unless you add something nice like little hotdog slices or fried onions or something.

But you can stick around if you want to. We won't be sleazy. We're all, like, forty years old.

Creaphis said:

a bowl of macaroni and cheese unless you add something nice like little hotdog slices or fried onions or something.

Ewwwww Gross.... XP