Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

Some Internet Explorer issues

I am using 5.0 and a coupla things are pissing me off.

When I click on the drop-down button in the address bar for THE FIRST TIME in that particular window, it takes, like, 20 seconds for the list to appear, and I get the egg-timer and no response for that time. Wtf?

Also, when it does crash (and it does) and I get the obligotary 'Do you want to restore your gay Active Desktop settings?' screen, I notice that my systray has lost all it's icons. Why? Does it have to be so gay? Can I do anything about it? Cheers.

6.0 seems ok

Yeah, it's never crashed on me yet that I can remember.

5.0 caused me to reformat 5 times (this was on 98se though). 5.5sp2, while still not as good as 4.0, has never messed up my system in any way. I really recommend it for fixing 5.0's endless problems.

5.0 caused me to reformat 5 times (this was on 98se though). 5.5sp2, while still not as good as 4.0, has never messed up my system in any way. I really recommend it for fixing 5.0's endless problems.

Mine crashes quite frequently also. I'm using 5.5 SP2 instead of 6.0 (read: sucks point "O").

But yeah, every time I visit www.nvidia.com to get drivers for my vid card it crashes, and this is on a HD that was low level formatted just 3 weeks ago.

What would I do without you guys? Thanx, I'm downloading the hefty 20MB of it now. It'll take forever on my 56k but who cares, if it's worth it.

Once in a great while 6.0 chrashes on me, but ONLY once in a GREAT while. Even then it's not because of the browser itself...it's because of what I do and my shitty memory.

well, all happy now though it took long enough all in all. I still have this +30 second wait for my recent address list to drop down though, what is wrong?

Hmm I had 5 & then 5.5 for a long time without problems.But now I've upgraded to 6 I've had nothing but problems.Same thing, its taking like 20/30secs for the address bar to appear, it often crashes necessitating restoration of active desktop, Outlook Express takes ages to open and I often get errors with it not being able to access all my accounts!
I've re-installed maybe 6/7 times and this time it seems ok, hasn't crashed for 3 days now.Yeah you can get it free on Internet package CDs if you just choose the upgrade and re-set it for ya own accounts.

Make sure you aint got a cd in the drive, it tries to scan that when you drop down the recent list

check. Still there :(

I don't know... Formatting because of MSIE?

Big bug in IE: THE NON-RESUMABLE DOWNLOADS THAT COME IN ONE WINDOW EACH.

I don't know... Mine resumes...

Overall I find IE5 not at all worser than IE4. I'll upgrade to IE6, when someone gives me a CD with it, cause I won't be downloading 20 megs for it.

well, all happy now though it took long enough all in all. I still have this +30 second wait for my recent address list to drop down though, what is wrong?

You probably have more than 5 addresses in the list.

Every day it takes exponentially longer to load. Clear your visited sites history and it'll speed up, until you've gone through all the new forum threads.