Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

SS guy's missing frames (and others)

Is there some 3rd party WAD that adds diagonal/side/back shooting and pain frames for the SS Nazi floating around on the ID Archives somewhere?

What about a full A1 through G8 frames for the zombiemen and shotgunners?

You might want to check out Laz Rojas' WolfenDOOM adventures. His site is hosted here at Doomworld. While the SS was never giving any proper rotation frames for his attack and pain, Laz atleast tried by giving him make-do rotation frames.

Why would you want full 8 angle rotation frames for the zombies anyway? They look fine as they are. Well, that's my opinion anyways.

DuckReconMajor said:

The thought of a zombie walking diagonally scares me.

Damn, dude, you'd better not look in Doom.wad :X

It seems to me that people in these forums have a nasty habbit of getting off-topic.

Many Doom bad guys are not symmetrical, yet only have five rotations.

This stands out more on the Zombieman, Shotgun Guy and Doom guy sprites over the other bad guys because of their gun's.

But personally, I don't think it's something you would really notice in game.

Ergh, all the links on WolfenDOOM go to AtomicGamer...why aren't the WolfenDoom files on the Archives by any chance? (Or ar they?)

Vermil said:

Many Doom bad guys are not symmetrical, yet only have five rotations.

And the guys at Id made all eight rotations... Then, during development, they had the idea they could just mirror frames, and so they did, and they removed 6/7/8 angles from many sprites to shave off a few kilobytes.

If you look at the small teaser of E2M8 in the "buy now" picture from the shareware version, you'll see a Doomguy in an unusual frame... A proof of this.

You can also get 6/7/8 frames for the imp and the demon from the Doom alpha, but since they're fully symmetrical monsters it's not really worth the hassle.

Speaking of the Imp, I found full attack frames for him from neutered.wad/zip and it even had 5 frames for the baron and imp fireball impacts.

They are. Search wolfendoom on the archives.

CeeJay said:

It seems to me that people in these forums have a nasty habbit of getting off-topic.

Why does mention of zombies walking diagonally conjure up a mental image of Michael Jackson? Oops - sorry. :-)

Mr.Chris said:

Ergh, all the links on WolfenDOOM go to AtomicGamer...why aren't the WolfenDoom files on the Archives by any chance? (Or ar they?)

Most of the Win/DOS files are in the archive though you might still have to visit AtomicGamer for some other bits'n'pieces.

I hate waiting for a miniscule 2.x MB file on AtomicGamer :(

Not to mention some or most the DL links on Laz's page link to other files..

I guess the last few posts I/we can apolgize for going off-topic with WolfenDOOM discussion. :)

Going off-topic is generally not a problem.

As for why the WolfenDoom file are in AtomicGames and not idgames (some are but not all): that's where Laz put them. Some were uploaded to idgames, possibly without permission.

I've tried to get WolfenDoom twice now but both times it just gave me this gun from Half-Life someone made. Am I clicking the wrong link or something?

You might be. What link are you clicking?

Yes, that's the wrong link. It's in a Half-life directory, as all the old Telefragged links are messed up (this happened when the Doomworld archive was moved from there over to the AtomicGamer server). Go here. GreyGhost linked it above, but I can see how one could miss it, mistaking it for a link the the AtomicGamer main page, instead of the WolfenDoom directory on AG.