Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
punnyone

realm667...shutdown?

the site's been down for a day or two, and when I typed in the link today, it just says "nothing else 3-22-09". Can anyone clarify what's going on here? I hope the site isn't shut down!

I dug this out of Google's cache -

Realm667 splits up!

Sunday, 01 March 2009

Hello beloved visitors,

Don't be shocked by reading the title of this news item, it isn't as dramatic as it may sound in the first moment. I am planning to split up Realm667.com. I have thought about this for a while now and it seems to make lots of sense considering all the different stuff that is placed here at the moment: Graphic design portfolio, music, blog, private images, doom, etc... it is definitely too much for one page to hold all of that.

So I made a decision - and yes, I thought about this for a while - and my plan is to split up the Realm667.com into 3 different pages instead of having only one. First at all, my print- and web portfolio will get its own page, simple and clean, with my new design label that I have started a few months ago (and no, I am not gonna tell you more). Next to that, my Blog and Gallery as well as all the personal stuff and things will get an own page as they have absolutely nothing to do with Doom, graphic design and all the other shit random stuff I have online. Last but not least, Realm667 will become (again) what it has ever been: A Doom Page!

The good thing after splitting that up is the possibilites I have with the Doom page later. As of now, I tried to NOT add even more different Doom content because I wanted to avoid having too much of that content online. As soon as there is a page completely dedicated to our all favorite game, I don't care anymore, so ideas like the SFX Shoppe, Beastiary Categories, Review Center and all the other stuff I had in mind can become reality. And that's something we need to go for *yay*

So, expect some heavy changes in the near future!

Cheers, Dan

Looks like there's a new Realm667 in the works and for now we just have to be patient.

DuckReconMajor said:

It gave me a 404 which usually means it's just off the web for a while.

If you go to the root page, you'll get a 403 instead.

Speaking of the beastiary, would there happen to be a mirror of the badguys or a site with similar content while Realm667 is in the works?

Mr. Chris said:

Speaking of the beastiary, would there happen to be a mirror of the badguys or a site with similar content while Realm667 is in the works?

Not that I know of, though it would be nice to have a mirror for the Beastiary.