Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Creaphis

Nimrod

As part of my continuing odyssey through the past I just downloaded nimrod.wad. The environments are a bit sparse and the voice acting is very campy but I won't complain about that. What I will complain about is the fact there are loads of shotgun ammo in the second level but apparently no shotgun, leaving me severely stretched for ammo even after finding the hidden berserk pack. I even checked Doom Builder, and the only shotgun in the first two levels is deathmatch-only. I'm playing the wad in GZDoom. What went wrong?

Creaphis said:

As part of my continuing odyssey through the past I just downloaded nimrod.wad. The environments are a bit sparse and the voice acting is very campy but I won't complain about that. What I will complain about is the fact there are loads of shotgun ammo in the second level but apparently no shotgun, leaving me severely stretched for ammo even after finding the hidden berserk pack. I even checked Doom Builder, and the only shotgun in the first two levels is deathmatch-only. I'm playing the wad in GZDoom. What went wrong?

I tried it and I found a shotgun very quickly in the first level, but it's only available on the easies two skills. So then if you are playing on HMP or above, then I guess you're our of luck.

I think Legacy's latest version is more unstable than the one used for Ni'mRoD, in any case. I'd stick to the version of Legacy noted in the text file (1.32 beta4).

It should be ok in GZDoom, you'll just miss out on the dynamic lighting.

I find the shotgun on map02 fine on UV.

That's astounding. I think that's literally the one corner I didn't see. Yeah, I know everybody says that, but I now specifically remember entering that little structure from the other end, glancing to the right, and thinking "meh, just lava" before continuing to kill the monsters in the room and exploring the rest of the level with my usual thoroughness.

It's not like a lava-drenched automatic shotgun would work anyway. Geez.

The other thing that threw me off is that this mod's shotgun uses a different thing type number than the norm, making Doom Builder's find function useless.

Well, what can I say. None of the beta testers said anything about it. So I never thought about it as being hard to find.

Don't be upset you couldn't find something; this WAD is for nimrods, after all!

kristus said:

Well, what can I say. None of the beta testers said anything about it. So I never thought about it as being hard to find.

No sweat. Even if I blamed you for my frustration, a small mapping glitch from seven years ago is quite forgivable.

Heck, even two months after I've finished something I no longer feel like it's worth defending. So what if it's bad? That was the old Creaphis.