Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Alando Guns X uploaded

Just want to let all of you know that today I uploaded Alando Guns X to idgames. When a link becomes available I hope all of you will enjoy the wad.

-Alando1

JohnnyRancid said:

/newstuff

by saying then I meant we'll care when we see it on /newstuff.

from REJECTS:

Fri Mar 20 07:06:59 PDT 2009 Rejected alangnsx.zip because: must include a txt file by the same name either in or with the zip

Ok, I uploaded it again. How would I find out if something does get rejected? [It better not be my wad >:( ]

@TawmDee - I agree, too many weapons and not enough new random monsters. (I'm the type who prefers lots of random monster variants)

Rather than saving myself the effort and sanity by just saying "It sucks", I'm going to pick apart everything I can potentially find wrong with this mod. Because I'm just in that kind of mood today.

1. Way too many player classes. Do any of them add to the gameplay at all? I'm too lazy to play the game as more than 10 different players to figure out.

2. "SECRET REVEALED!" Yes, I can fucking read, thank you, you don't need to yell it in my ear.

3. For the love of god, STOP ripping the weapons from Immoral Conduct!

4. Flipping and rotating the Sin pistol does NOT make it look like you're firing it like a gangsta. It looks like you're breaking your wrist and then trying to fire the gun like that instead.

5. A weapon's magazine does not magically refill itself when you fire. On the other hand, reloading does not entail REMOVING the ammo from the magazine. So why does the ammo indicator work like this?

6. Will you PLEASE align the inventory icons?

7. There needs to be a manual reload. BADLY.

8. There are more than a few people who are going to be upset over ripped resources.

9. The UT flak cannon is not done very well. Why is it bright orange?

10. By the end of Map02 I had about 10 pairs of speed boots. Prognosis: Your monsters are dropping TOO DAMN MANY INVENTORY ITEMS.

11. Your assault rifle graphics look god-awful and so does the flashlight effect.

12. How bad do you have to suck at Doom to disable all the health and armor limits? Map03 left me with over 500 health and 300 gold armor. On ULTRA VIOLENCE.

13. That little tube with the blue stuff in it? It's called a VIAL. When I think VILE, I think of that yellow skeleton bastard that lights you on fire and throws you around.

14. The Space marine's player sounds appear to be ripped from one of my earlier mods. Now, I know the sounds in question were originally Team Fortress Classic sounds, but I know these were ones I modified and used because the "helmet filter" is still in place. And in the help file, where you supposedly credit everyone, I'm only listed for "inspiration". If you're going to leave my stuff in here, I expect to be credited.

15. The bayonet rifle is pretty much another wholesale rip from Immoral Conduct. Right down to the firing sound and reload frames.

16. While you can turn the damn flashlight off on the AR with the alternate fire button, it turns right back on when you shoot. MAYBE I DON'T WANT A DAMN FLASHLIGHT.

17. the Megasphere is almost worthless once you've gone over 200 health and armor, i.e. when you pick up the formerly LESS potent Supercharge sphere.

18. Picking up and selecting the grenade launcher drops the flak cannon and vice versa. While that is an interesting way of handling swapping weapons, it's irritating and I wonder why those seem to be the only weapons that this feature works on. This feature also FROZE MY ZDOOM at some point which angers me greatly.

19. The pain sounds on your other player classes are just plain irritating.

20. Alternate fire on the dual pistols costs no ammo whatsoever.

21. Hearing "MORTAL KOMBAT!" every time I select my fists (i.e. I run out of ammo) is GREATLY FUCKING IRRITATING.

22. How long does the invuln sphere last now? I've been playing for almost 5 minutes and it hasn't worn off yet.

23. the Counter-Strike P90 not only sticks out like a sore thumb, it is in the wrong aspect ratio, has missing frames (it flickers) and probably contributes to about half the size of the damn WAD file because of how many frames it has.

24. I have to admit, hearing the player say "THIS...is a wall!" was funny. The first time. NOT the next couple hundred times I'm going to hear it if I have to search for secret walls.

25. See 23, except this time in regards to the AK47.

26. And the difference between a chaingun and a minigun is...? Okay, so one needs reloading and the other does not, but damage and fire rate are practically the same. Axe one of them.

27. I've heard UT's announcer way too many times now. So "HEAD SHOT" can be axed and I'll be a happy man. Kind of.

28. Cambots explode and it fucking hurts. Especially when one somehow enters my line of fire.

29. I could go on forever but this post is long enough and I'm sure everyone is getting tired of me.

Hey Wildweasel, you forgot to mention a few overpowered enemies in the mod like Trans Grosse among the list of Wolfenstein SS-class enemies. That guy is too strong for that class (read: he can cut you down in seconds without armor)

The one enemy in this crapfest-of-a-mod that takes the cake is that "Devil" boss. (The mod's boss version of the heresy lord, with 9000 hit points) I mean, every time he's about to attack, which is very often, he pauses for a long period of time for one of his attacks before throwing his projectiles. The kicker? He's invincible while he pauses. Ugh, not even the heresiarch is THAT liberal with his invincibility.

Not "forgot to mention" - more like chose not to mention on account of not wanting to make my wall of text any larger, considering it's plainly obvious that I hate the mod already. =P

Well, I pretty much respect your opinion on this excuse-of-a-mod... considering that I didn't find it fun at all either.

Lizardcommando said:

Heh. Wow weasel, that was pretty long list of negatives. Will your Doom Armory review of this be even longer? :p

Assuming that I actually bother writing a review of it, it may pretty much just be this list at double the length.

Apparently, you didn't read much of the read me, Wild Weasel. I said this wad was dedicated to mostly my friends, THANK YOU VERY MUCH and they wanted to be in my wad, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, and apparently you complained about the credits. I metioned on the damn credit screen, that I ran out of god damn room!!!!!! And I appologized to anyone if they were not under a certain category! Plus I made Alando guns X for one reason in particular... to get through levels a lot easily than without it. I followed what people asked me to do and apparently it still does not please you. Well, what the heck do you want then??!!!!!!! If you have an idea what a weapons wad should be, why don't you tell me then rather than spilling your damn feelings about how bad you say my wad is? What are you, Simon from American Idol? If I were to talk about your wad, I would not give a lot of BS like you did. How about shorten your complaints to something simple. Let me tell you how I felt about your ww-diaz wad. I thought it was good but some weapons were tricky to use. If you can have constructive criticism like that, well maybe you wont take up most of the damn thread. Sorry if I got a little too aggressive but seriously, you don't talk like that to me especially with a review.

To add on to what I have, try and make a wad while your father is dying in the hospital. It's very hard to create something good when a parent that you love is now six feet under. My father was the one who helped me make the first Alando guns special. I had someone to test the wad. Now since my father is desceased, what do you expect from me, people? Have you ever built a wad when a friend or family member was dying or has died in your life time? Surely enough none of you have any god damn consideration of what I had to go through. I tried to do better with Alando Guns X and to try and please all of you but still I face picky people with bad attitudes. So if none of you have anything nice to say, don't say it what so ever. Don't waste your damn breathe. Don't waste bad words for a soul who has been to hell and back over the past year. If you don't even care about what I'm saying, fine, but I bet none can build a wad when a family member is dying or is already dead. My father was my best tester.

So rather than listen to my suggestions, you'd rather make an attempt to piss me off? I had previously told you what I thought was wrong with the original Alandoguns: too many weapons, too many items, cluttered inventory and a lot of useless items. AlandogunsX only seems to have MORE weapons, items, and inventory clutter than before, with a heaping helping of confusion added into the mix.

As for your question of how I would do if I were to make a mod while my father were dying/dead, simple: I wouldn't. I would put everything on hold and pay my respects. I wouldn't try to escape from the truth. It's not that easy. If you're going through a period of mourning, then it's best to put things like this on hold until you feel more emotionally capable.

And my condolences for the loss of your father. I'm sure he was a good man.

Just go easy on your criticism. I don't mean to piss you off, Wild Weasel, I'm only telling you that you shouldn't be so critical with your reviews. I admit that what you said in that long list really hurt me. I understand that you din't like it but state you position on a basis that wont hurt me but put me in a position that would help me to do better the next time. A review should open a doorway to enlightenment not the destruction of another person's self esteem. I can see my wad did not please you but you should not insult me or dis me or even crack a few F-bombs. Just say you didn't like it. Once again, I understand your dissapointment with the wad, but go easy on the criticism.

I do apologize if the tone of my review seemed harsh. I had previously claimed the review spot for it for the next /Newstuff chronicles, but at this point I'll relinguish my claim status so somebody else can give it a try.

Opening another thread asking for 'good' reviews isn't the best of ideas once several know what is wrong with it.

Can't handle constructive criticism? Get out of the fire.

Heh I see my Counter Doom Rips in there O_o. People still use em eh.

And btw Alando you're silly. It's a weapons mod were talking about here. You created spare time to make it.