Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Rediscovering good things that you had long forgotten....

"Give yourself a hand" --The Crash Test Dummies' fourth album was one of their best! What other song/bands/things do you like that you forgot about for a long time and then rediscovered? (Could be movies, or anything else as well as music.)

Edit: There's actually only two songs on it that I like. "Get you in the morning" and "keep a lid on things."

I just recently found some backup hard drives from all our old computers, from about 1990 to last year. I can't tell you how many old games, pictures, documents, and other interesting things I found on that. I spent an entire evening finding and playing MS DOS games I hadn't seen in probably 10 years at least...that was a lot of fun, especially given how surprisingly well I remembered all of them.

Heh, speaking of old games, my roommate suddenly decided he wanted to get my old copy of Rayman (ie. the first one) running on his computer. Of course I had to play it too, and it's been a bit of a trip down memory lane. I love the soundtrack too.

Last year I decided to buy a MiniDisc player to replace the one that had gotten old. When I put one of my old MDs in, it was full of old songs I wrote that I hadn't heard in years. It was awesome. So I decided to copy the songs from the player onto my computer. That was when the player became possessed by demons and promptly ate all my data in seconds.

I'm listening to some really old Frank Zappa music that my father forced on me as a child... and loving every second of it.

Its only been a couple years since I bought em but sometimes I like to throw my old street punk and nardore cds in my cd player to listen to before I go to school. It's a real change because I've been getting into a lot of powerviolence, hardcore punk and grindcore lately. Makes me feel a lot younger and more rowdy.

I did a purge of old discs. Weeding through the garbage I found pictures I thought were lost forever, old warez, and compilation music discs I made when I was in highschool. Very nostalgic.

I found a bunch of old photos hidden in the back of a drawer somewhere and spent a while going through them looking at pictures of people I had forgotten that I had even known. O_O

I played Warhammer 40,000 for the first time in YEARS. Apparently there is a new edition out now. The dice still hate me.

AgentSpork said:

I'm listening to some really old Frank Zappa music that my father forced on me as a child... and loving every second of it.

:D

I found some CD's that I made a little over six years ago... Wow, my music taste was kind of crappy. I had Metallica, Pantera, Limp Bizkit, Godsmack, Slipknot and random rap that was popular at the time all rolled into one CD. I used to play Final Doom for playstation with a friend every day after school listening to those CD's with that goofy music on it. The good things I remember, though, are definitely playing Red Faction, that game kicked ass.

AgentSpork said:

I can't wait until I inherit my parents' vinyl collection. They've got some classics.

I wish I could rediscover more good things but I've long forgotten 'em all

Well, you can't rediscover something unless you forget it. That's kind of the point.

Bucket said:

I can't wait until I inherit my parents' vinyl collection. They've got some classics.

Yeah, my dad's got a pretty large vinyl collection I certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands on. :P He's got a ton of records signed by artists as well, which makes it all the more awesome.