Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demon_ninja672

Permanent invisibility/transparency (I know it's weird but ...)

I'm hoping this it's possible to create permanent invisibility I don't mean fully invisible, I mean if I can make a certain team invisible (like the pick up but permanent) permantly invisible from start to death - is that possible? And how? I know it might be a bit advance but I want to know if it's even possible. And for a little more clarification I thought about it and all I need is for the players of a team to be started in a certain section that would cause permanent invisibility - however I'm not sure how that would be done. I know it sounds weird to be wanting this information but I had an idea for something that hopefully I can create.

What source port is this for? I know versions of Xsnake's Invasion UAC (coop wad for ZDoom) use Dehacked to make the player translucent. I'm sure there must be an invisible tag, too.

Is ZDoom Dehacked the same as regular Dehacked? If it is, then you might be able to do this on most ports.

I'm planning on using this for Zdaemon and Zdoom since there pretty much the same. However I've been using Zdoom while testing oh and when I use Zdoom(doom in hexen) there is an 'invisible' tag but everytime I've tried it doesn't seem to work. I'll be trying something else a little bit as well.

-And sorry for posting in the doom builder section; I was kind of in a hurray at the time.

I knew it was gonna be complicated! ... sort of. I tried using the invisible or translucent tags and they only worked for other objects. So my second option is what DuckReconMajor had suggested. I'm not sure exactly how to do that but I will post if there is any problem with it (it seems simple enough)

EDIT: I take back the simple enough part - I started reading it and I am a bit confused on how the whole thing works. I haven't gotten into any scripting yet so if anyone could tell me where I would assign the player class's different tags such as the INVISIBLE TAG. I have no idea on the whole assigning classes and everything but I am about to get into learning scripting in the first place; might as well start now.

And if I am being stupid and I don't need to know script please tell me :|

demon_ninja672 said:

I'm planning on using this for Zdaemon and Zdoom since there pretty much the same.

They are absolutely not!

ZDaemon is based on a 7 year old version of ZDoom and really doesn't have any of the modern features.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 1 (Player)
Bits = SOLID + SHOOTABLE + DROPOFF + PICKUP + SHADOW + NOTDMATCH
This does a permanent effect that affects all players. Works in anything ZDoomy. Stick it in a lump named DEHACKED. Substitute SHADOW with TRANSLUCENT, TRANSLUC25, TRANSLUC50, or TRANSLUC75 to achieve a translucent effect of different degrees, where I think TRANSLUCENT is the same as TRANSLUC50 (or maybe it was 25?).

To do this affect in ZDaemon with only one team, you'll need to wait until 1.09, where ACS should be in a more usable condition. You could then use the SetActorProperty() function to change the render style of all players who trigger the script.

One thing: Wasn't sure I had heard a few things saying that Zdaemon and Zdoom are almost identical so that would make a difference, and for now I guess I wont be able to use it in Zdaemon. I'll play around with it a bit and see what I can do, but thanks for the help on this. If any one has another idea that would work please tell me.

-Thanks