Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomMaster

Your favortie song in Doom 1 or 2?

Yeah basiclly that. In Doom 1, My fav is E1M9: Hiding The Secrets and in Doom II:Hell on Earth, MAP 09: Into Sandy's City.

Doom 1 - E1M1 just sets the tone. However, I'm pretty sure that E1M8 gives the most atmosphere of all the music.

Doom 2 - Again, Map01 is brilliant at setting the atmosphere.

eargosedown said:

Doom 1 - E1M1 just sets the tone. However, I'm pretty sure that E1M8 gives the most atmosphere of all the music.

Doom 2 - Again, Map01 is brilliant at setting the atmosphere.

Cool choices man.

You can find various replies to this question on older threads, such as:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/42954-doom-1-music/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/29620-favorite-ultimate-doom-song/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/21595-favourite-map-music/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/18027-favorite-doom-song/

You can also use the search feature to find posts about basic subjects, linked to at the top, under the logo. When browsing old posts try not to post on their threads (or "bump them") unless that is quite necessary, though. Instead, make a new one if the subject seems worthwhile after reading the existing posts, perhaps linking to the old thread in your post.

Personally, I find it hard to choose a favorite, though I like two aspects of the DOOM music in particular; moodiness (exemplified by Suspense in E1M5) and spooky weirdness (like the music in E3M1, or Nobody Told Me About id in E2M8). The more action-oriented music is also cool, though, and spices things up.

E2M1 in Doom 1 gets me all hot, sweaty and makes me do my best impersonation of MIDI instruments

Definitively E1M1, E2M1 and E1M8, although I'll happily listen to any of them.

I actually have Doom 1&2 midis on my mp3 player so I can listen to them while I'm sitting in traffic.

One time I had some guy blasting rap music next to me, so I turned up my truck's sterio and blasted E1M1. The guy was baffled. LOL

I have a cassette and an MP3 recording of the MOD Demonic Sensation, and a tape recording of the Doom Comic dramatic rendition...now THAT'S something baffling! Cool Doom tunes AND a brain-damaging comic dramatization.

I have discovered that listening to either the Doom music or the Blood CD soundtrack while driving at night is a LOT of fun. Same works with taking walks at night through forests and the like. I don't know why it's so fun but it is.

I always love Myk's responses to everything, resulting in links to the past.

I always liked MAP07 music, and MAP09 music. E1M7 and E1M5 are good ones too.

Maes said:

and a tape recording of the Doom Comic dramatic rendition...now THAT'S something baffling!

Well duh, I have it set as my ringtone.

E1M1 is my favorite, probably because it is the first song you hear, and what a song to start off with!

i also like E1M4, E1M6, E1M7, E1M9, E2M6, E3M2, E3M3 and E3M8.

i dont like as much from doom 2... MAP01, MAP07 and MAP09.

i do have the MIDIS, but my MP3 player only accepts mp3s and wmas
and my phone plays them weirdly.

My favourite from Doom is E1M8. It's just a million kinds of awesome. And I'm not really sure about Doom II, I can't actually remember any of the tracks from it.

I honestly think I prefer the soundtrack to PSX Doom though. I'm not sure whether it's because it's the soundtrack I'm used to most, or whether I actually just prefer the music to be creepy and atmospheric rather than action filled. Probably a combination of both really.

Another E1M8 music fan here.

Ultraboy94 said:

i do have the MIDIS, but my MP3 player only accepts mp3s and wmas and my phone plays them weirdly.

You might like to check out the tracks on this page - most of which are in MP3 format.

It's not easy to pick out favorite tracks from Doom/Doom 2, all of them brings back good memories. However some of the tracks that usually gets stuck in my head is map05, map10 and map20.

Butts said:

I always love Myk's responses to everything, resulting in links to the past.

indeed.

I always liked MAP07 music, and MAP09 music. E1M7 and E1M5 are good ones too.

map07 sounds dark and violent, my favorite of doom2, together with map28.
doom1? e2m2. it's brilliant, especially in per kristian's version.

printz said:

Well duh, I have it set as my ringtone.

i have e1m1, since it's also pretty loud. and guess what, someone in the bus recognized it when my phone rang and asked me about it! i didn't expect that so soon.

DoomMaster said:

But In Doom II What About Map 10?

I several Doom II songs get tiring very quickly, almost as quickly as MAP01. I do like MAP07, MAP09, MAP20 and the hellish MAP28. And try not to capitalize every word in the sentence, only do that at the beginning. ;)

For Ultimate Doom, I liked E1M7, E1M8, E1M9, E2M7, E3M8 is a fun one to play on guitar. I need to play through the last 3 episodes again, this time on UV, since its been a few years, and also to see if they're as easy as KDITD.

E1M7
E1M8
Halls of the dead or whatever the map was called from Doom 1.

All of those songs were spooky and creepy.

And of course MAP09 from Doom 2. The song really created a good action feel.