Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelissias

Doom Demo Thread

This is the thread in which I will be posting each of my demos to come, both un-assisted as well as TAS. Feel free to comment, and I will attach my demos as soon as I make them, and I will keep track of what I have here as well. If I believe one of these is a world record, I will add a side note, but if not please correct me immdediately.

Here is what I have done so far:

Hell Revealed 2, map01, Nightmare-Speed, in 0:09 (World Record)
Hell Revealed 2, map01, Nightmare-100S, in 0:56 (World Record)

Your txt is wrong - it wasn't recorded in Doom2.exe

And starting such thread is not a good idea anyway.

The demo is cool, but I agree with Hitherto ... rather upload your demos into specific wad / megawads threads please (or into Miscellaneous demos thread if you couldn't find a proper wad thread even by using "Search" option} ... and don't worry, if you record a cool demo (like this one) people will remember your name and you don't need your own separated thread ;-)

About making a new thread, I wasn't really sure where to start, and I should have asked someone, so my apologies, I am brand new after all. It's already started, so should I just close the thread and upload demos in another appropriate thread?

Also, thank you for the correction on the demo name. I wasn't sure how to name it, so I just gave it my best guess.

A mod might be able to close the thread for you if you like. But like the others said, we mostly look for demos in the more general demos threads unless it is something really unique. Look forward to seeing some of your demos, welcome to the forums.

I figured that, for the good of others, I should close this forum, but whenever I try to I get a message saying that I can't, and the possible reasons listed are not any that I am aware of that is happening. Could someone explain why?

h201ns056.zip

Nice run, but you forgot to use -complevel parmater, you should use it when recording demos in Prboom(+) for vanilla wads, so that Prboom behaves exactly like vanilla exes
It should be -complevel 2 for Doom II, 3 for Ultimate Doom and 4 for Final Doom
You should also update the txt with info about which version of Prboom you used
Looking forward to see more demos from you :)