Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Upcoming wad, "Hellious Rebellion"

Is that all you're giving us - one measly screenshot for a ten map wad? I feel cheated.

Of course, thank you.

Any contributions are appreciated. I don't mind putting the release date off some if anyone has something that will make this wad better.

Thank you. It took me forever to learn how to change the palette but I think those extra colors really do add to the overall look of the maps.

Oh, and unfortunately, with the extended use of scripting, this wad will be ZDoom only. Hope that doesn't inconvenience too many people.

ok. I've finished playtesting, and here are my thoughts on map 01.

-too easy. needs more monsters.
-needs less health too.
-You could easily do a little scripting and make it so that you start with fists, rather than a pistol. And 50 rounds of ammo is probably too much anyway.
-No texture misalignments that I saw, so good work on taking care of that.
-Architecture was a bit plain in places. Could have used more color.
-the exit was very difficult to find.
-you could remove the start platform, so it doesn't get in the way of gameplay. Also, it will reduce the linedef count, which on a level like this, is certainly something to consider.
-the release date was very well planned, and shows a clear understanding of your market.
-You could add 'you suck' to the death message.
-I'm going to stop here, coz there is only so far I can stretch this.

Thanks for letting me playtest this wad. It is almost certain to win the cacoward for its class. :P

Don't mind myk, he's just jealous because he didn't come up with the color scheme you're using. I'm jealous too. :(

I hope its a good one.Personally I like the fan made wads better than the ones that came with Doom.