Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

D64: Absolution quirk on MAP14

Should the main hallway of MAP14 look like this or is something wrong?

My graphics IGP is a Geforce Go 6150 (Yes, this is on a laptop)

Looks just like mine. Maybe turn your brightness down a hair. If I remeber correctly, this level has some creepy music :D

Unfortuently, I think thats what the lighting really looks like in the TC. It was difficult enough to get the lighting as accurate as possible on that.

I am referring to the main walls, not the lighting. In the console version, those walls were a dark blue/purple color not white.

Maybe a combination of wall texture not being exactly the same and what Kaiser said about the lighting. I get the exact same results as you with default brightness. Turning down brightness and gamma helps somewhat.

Mr. Chris said:

I am referring to the main walls, not the lighting. In the console version, those walls were a dark blue/purple color not white.

You're not hallucinating, I just sucked at the lighting.

What's the lighting for that? :P Looks like 128 to me, would probably look better if it was 100 or 96.

Lighting levels weren't used at all in the TC, they were all color definitions based on sector specials.

I suppose so..

Also, the walls look the same for the Doom64 EX map. :o

Most definetly lighting but it didn't grab me the way it did after a while in Absolution.

I also see you couldn't get that switch trap with the pillars in Absolution that open and shoot darts in. X3