Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reevys

Where Do You Come From?

Chicago (ish).

Steeveeo said:

I mean Vancouver (not B.C.), Washington (not D.C.).

But we are currently speaking in A.D., yes? :o

France.
Does someone remember where is the Doomworld forumers’ map?

Seattle, WA

Or a suburb thereof. I can be in downtown Seattle in an hour.

ducon said:

Does someone remember where is the Doomworld forumers’ map?

This thing?. I noticed it's a bit out of date. It said I was in Salem, OR and Sarge Baldy is in Corvallis when in fact we have switched places.

EDIT: Damn that site sucks. I couldn't figure out how to move my location on the map other than leaving the map and then re-adding myself.

Greece. I guess many people had figured that out, though.

myk said:

There's also this pretty extensive old thread:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/20936-doomers-by-location/

exp(x) said:

I don't think those are the same question - I interpreted this thread as where you were born, not where you currently reside. In my case there's about 7000 km separating the two.

EDIT: Re-reading the OP, I guess that's not really true. Oh well.

david_a said:

I don't think those are the same question - I interpreted this thread as where you were born, not where you currently reside. In my case there's about 7000 km separating the two.

I didn't know which it was either so I just put where I live now. I can't ever tell what people mean by "from" anymore.

Ah seeing that old forum graph made of |'s and -'s brought back memories. I'm in Rapid City, South Dakota, US. And yes, the cities most of you live in probably have more people within 1 square mile than in my whole town. I was born in Belle Fourche SD, with an amazing total of 5000 people, and the most amazing thing is the annual roundup and the fourth of July parade. As an added bonus, the streets are filled with cow and horse shit for the next month.

Washington, DC is where I'm from. Miami, FL is where I currently go to college :P

Mithral_Demon said:

Atleast i'm not the only Washingtonian here. ¬.¬;

Well, in a similar sense I too am a Washingtonian :D

Kirby said:

Well, in a similar sense I too am a Washingtonian :D

IIRC "Washingtonian" refers to someone from Washington state, while there is another term from residents from Washington, D.C. My parents were born in D.C., so I have a bit of ancestry there. :P

Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I thought you could tell by my rantings about the weather, though.

Patrick Pineda said:

Likewise.

I thought you were in the mountains?

I should correct myself. I've lived in this general area (Denver, CO) for all my life minus four months. For a short time I lived in Hirakata-shi, Osaka, Japan. It's sort of my second home.

Danarchy said:

Where the Hell is Yelm?

South East-ish from Olympia, Thurston County, it is one of the larger sections of the Thurston.

Mithral_Demon said:

South East-ish from Olympia, Thurston County, it is one of the larger sections of the Thurston.

Ah, one of those pockets of the state I've never visited. That and the entire southeast area.

Danarchy said:

IIRC "Washingtonian" refers to someone from Washington state, while there is another term from residents from Washington, D.C. My parents were born in D.C., so I have a bit of ancestry there. :P

Ahh, I see. Heh, in that case I wonder if we're misconstrued in titling our magazine "Washingtonian" which also commemorates an outstanding "Washingtonian" of the year :P

EDIT: Not trying to sound condescending or anything. Just re-read this post and realized it might've come off as dickish :|

Huh, I see. Well, whatever.

In response to the Pennsylvania thing, we have state liquor stores here as well. You can only get wine and beer elsewhere. Also, you can tell the Californians here by how they drive. We used to have all kinds of anti-Californian jokes around here, but there was a huge migration of them up here in the mid-90s and now half the state was born there. Telling those jokes will only get you glares now. :/ Also, I've never known anyone who doesn't carry around jumper cables, and most of the women I know know more about cars than me.

There should be a Washingtonian version of that Pennsylvania list. It would probably involve knowing what a geoduck is and asking if you dream of a free Cascadia.