Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

Changing things in Registered DOOM

i am making a WAD with Registered DOOM (the first doom, not ultimate doom). all of my maps are in the DOOM configuration on doom builder.

i am trying to see if i can use a MAPINFO lump in Doom 1, as i have tried before (i use XWE) and it only seems to work in DOOM II.

also, is it possible to have different pictures on each intermission screen, as i have seen in various other WADS?

one last question: can i change the text that appears after beating each episode? and if i can, how?

my source port of choice for running this WAD is ZDOOM, if that helps.

many thanks,
ultraboy94

EDIT: i now also have the latest version of SlumpED and have been able to add some custom music sucessfully to the game.

Ultraboy94 said:
i am trying to see if i can use a MAPINFO lump in Doom 1, as i have tried before (i use XWE) and it only seems to work in DOOM II.

If you were to use a DOOM II MAPINFO lump as a base the game should ignore it while running DOOM. Maybe that happened? You'll find doom1.txt (the MAPINFO information for DOOM) in the MAPINFO folder within ZDoom's PK3.

also, is it possible to have different pictures on each intermission screen, as i have seen in various other WADS?

one last question: can i change the text that appears after beating each episode? and if i can, how?

Yes, check here.

thanks. i got most of that, and now my wad looks much better!

im still having problems with the exittext though. i have tried every thing (the writing the entire exittext in the mapinfo lump, the referring to language lump, and the exittextislump command), and every thing i try, skulltag or zdoom just says 'mapinfo error line 45, bad syntax'.

any help on the exittext would be appreciated.

according to SlumpED, the line 45 which is either exittext "message", exittext lookup "message" or exittextislump is perfectly valid. but when i open it in zdoom or skulltag, it isnt. the text is always another lump, but the error message is always mapinfo, and it dosent really seem to care about the language lump that the mapinfo lump refers to. i had another look at the wiki, but im not really finding the section on exittext or the entire language lump article very clear, this is why im having the problem.

thanks for help.

Not sure what's wrong there but one thing that will work is to place the new text in a DEHACKED patch made with WhackEd, using the default exittext keyword in the MAPINFO lump.

okay. i now have got enter and exittext working. thanks for your help! found out all i needed to do was add a command in a gap called clusterdef :/