Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the iron hitman

GzDoom map: Nightmare Reality

Hey all.

This is my current project at the moment for GzDoom, called "Nightmare Reality" (yes, the name is pretty lame). Here's some screenies:

This room is further into the map (yes, you can access that upper floor :) :-
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotdoom200904171.png

Boss battle sector (you'll hate me for this one, but the boss is a suprise, detailing unfinished) :-
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotdoom200904171d.png

A random wide corridor (quite close to the beginning) :-
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotdoom200904171o.png

Overall, this map is only around 30% done, with the current statistics being:

4890 linedefs
3809 vertices
8342 sidedefs
1135 sectors
436 things

NOTE: These textures are from resource wads and full credit is given to the authors of the "2mbrown.wad" and I believe the other was the Quake resource pack (long time since I acquired those textures). Once again, the textures have NOT been created by me, no credit for these textures goes to me whatsoever, same goes for the Egosmasher, along with the custom monsters (which are from realm667). So ALL credit goes to the original authors of these!

Hope you like the screenies guys :) Beta release possibly could be within the next few weeks (or if you must, PM me for it).

Sorry for double post, but I now have a bit of a dilemma.

I want to know how to implement the use of dynamic lighting in all objects (particularly projectiles like fireballs etc). Anyone know how this can be pulled off?

Looks pretty interesting. I like the details so far. :)

the iron hitman said:

I want to know how to implement the use of dynamic lighting in all objects (particularly projectiles like fireballs etc). Anyone know how this can be pulled off?

Have you taken a look at GLDEFS?

GZDoom features two extra pk3 files -- lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3. All standard Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife items have their GLDefs, when appropriate, in lights.pk3. You can copy the doomdefs lump from it into your wad if you want, and then add more definitions for your custom actors using the wealth of examples in doomdefs.

Also, most if not all "Beastiary" monsters have their gldefs already made.

Gez said:

GZDoom features two extra pk3 files -- lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3. All standard Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife items have their GLDefs, when appropriate, in lights.pk3. You can copy the doomdefs lump from it into your wad if you want, and then add more definitions for your custom actors using the wealth of examples in doomdefs.

I didn't think it'd be acceptable to copy/paste the codes from these into my wad (I thought I might have got flamed for stealing/copyrighting). But if it's allowed then I might do that and save me some time :)

By the way, hope you guys like the screenshots :) New ones coming soon!

The "default" actors (from lights.pk3) are just for consistency: if someone forgot to load lights.pk3 when playing the mod (since GZDoom doesn't autoload it), then only the new actors would have lights, and it would be annoying.

The actors from the "Beastiary" are resources, so every part of them (including the sndinfo and gldefs) are meant to be used and reused as desired.

Gez said:

The "default" actors (from lights.pk3) are just for consistency: if someone forgot to load lights.pk3 when playing the mod (since GZDoom doesn't autoload it), then only the new actors would have lights, and it would be annoying.

The actors from the "Beastiary" are resources, so every part of them (including the sndinfo and gldefs) are meant to be used and reused as desired.

Oh I see, thanks Gez :)