Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Need help making chain rocket

I was wondering if someone could make me a little wad that lets the rocket launcher shoot rockets as fast as a chaingun shoots bullets and can hold a maximum of 400 ammo???
and still be just as powerful as a rocket launcher???
thank you :D

I made a .deh a few years back in which the rocket launcher was made into a rapid-fire weapon. With DECORATE doing so would be even easier (making your rocket maximum larger will be easier as well.) If you need help in learning how to do that, go onto the zDoom Wiki and search around a bit for what you need to know, about altering weapons speed and all that.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Frame 60
  Duration = 3
Frame 61
  Duration = 3
Frame 63
  Duration = 1
Frame 64
  Duration = 1
Frame 65
  Duration = 1
Frame 66
  Duration = 1

Ammo 3 (Rockets)
  Max ammo = 200
  Per ammo = 5
Go nuts.

Or if you just want to have fun, fire up ZDoom and in the console type "sv_infiniteammo 1" and "sv_fastweapons 1"

The code EarthQuake provided goes in a text file, which is placed in a WAD as the DEHACKED lump (or in a PK3 as DEHACKED.txt). It can also be an external patch, such as frocket.deh, loaded with the -deh parameter.

Ok I hate to be a bother... but can someone explain to me step by step how to put this into a Doom.wad or Doom2.wad file???
I use XWE because DEHACKED doesn't work on my comp... thank you :D

Put the code into a blank text file and rename it <something>.deh

Then run it with source port of choice that supports loaded DeHackEd patches (the command line parameter is usually "-deh <filename>.deh")

Ok i tried that but it will only work with PRBOOM and for some reason PRboom is acting odd..
can anyone make me a wad with all the original Doom and Doom 2 levels (i have them all) but just the weapon changed... or a PWAD with just the weapon change so i can use it for whatever wad i want???
thank you :D
and sorry i didnt get it haha

Try re-formatting the text. I discovered by trial and error that not all ports handle DEHACKED patches the same way - EDGE doesn't like indenting and Chocolate throws a hissy fit if the text isn't spaced out. This edit of EarthQuake's code has run on every port I've thrown it at.

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Frame 60
Duration = 3

Frame 61
Duration = 3

Frame 63
Duration = 1

Frame 64
Duration = 1

Frame 65
Duration = 1

Frame 66
Duration = 1

Ammo 3 (Rockets)
Max ammo = 200
Per ammo = 5

GreyGhost said:

Try re-formatting the text. I discovered by trial and error that not all ports handle DEHACKED patches the same way - EDGE doesn't like indenting and Chocolate throws a hissy fit if the text isn't spaced out. This edit of EarthQuake's code has run on every port I've thrown it at.

Thanks, I had no idea. I usually indent and format it because I usually end up manually writing the patch and it's easier to manage. This will be good to know when aiming for port compatibility.

Ok so I use XWE
would i just open DOOM2.wad with XWE and just add new entry/Decorate
and then just keep it with that code?
or do i have to do somethign different? i want to be able to use it with Zdoom or Skulltag

Clusterone said:

Ok so I use XWE
would i just open DOOM2.wad with XWE and just add new entry/Decorate
and then just keep it with that code?
or do i have to do somethign different? i want to be able to use it with Zdoom or Skulltag

DO NOT EDIT DOOM2.WAD

make a new wad, then do new entry and name it DECORATE.

Oh, and that code GreyGhost has is Dehacked, not DECORATE. Just name the lump DEHACKED instead and put that code in.

Much the same thing - though you'd better have plenty of cells lying around.

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

# Fast BFG - the following lines can be copy/pasted into the chain rocket patch

Frame 84
Duration = 4

Frame 85
Duration = 2

Frame 86
Duration = 2

Frame 87
Duration = 4