Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

What if the demons lived alongside us?

i thought that this forum would be the best place to put this thread. if its not, please move it.

what if, for some reason, we 'made peace' with the demons, and they lived alongside us as if they were other humans?

imagine, an arch-vile surgery down your road, a mancubus as your flatmate (the one who raids the fridge all the time), or even a baron of hell as your boss? yoiur son being best friends with an imp in school? me being just as insane as i am now?

or maybe a day in the life of a demon in hell, that dosent involve invading other worlds, or defending hell from a bunch of 'stupid marines'?

or, maybe me going to a mental surgery for actually considering any of this?

For some reason the Cyberdemon strikes me as a good traffic director... Replace that gun with a stop sign and I think he would do well.

They'd flip burgers in fast foods.

At least, that's what happens to the few surviving demons at the end of 666, a hilarious French comic full of high-tech weaponry, horribly tortured guys, gruesome violence, and sexy succubi. The hero even looks somewhat like DoomGuy.

That said, the biggest difference between that comic and Doom is that in Doom the demons don't seem civilized in any way. They don't speak, they don't wear clothes, they don't create anything with their hands, etc.

There's an episode in a certain cartoon where monsters and humans are forced to live together (in humans' city) so they declare peace. But due to differences they can't get along so eventually they become hostile again. Fortunately the monsters' island is freed from corporatists, in the end, so they don't need to live together any more.

We wouldn't feel comfortable around demons, even if they're not out to kill us. Different habits, uncivilized behaviour, innate aggresivity and higher strength make them hard to adapt to. In other words, they'd be disruptive.

Fiend said:

no, Ultraboy... what if you are the demons?

And then what if Ultraboy was a zombie.

I could imagine the demons (barons, knights) doing hi-strength jobs such as correctional officer, construction worker. Arch-viles would get medical degrees or become professional magicians. Cyberdemons and Spiderdemons would be in the military with infighting off. The Icon of Sin would find itself hanging from the wall of a very unholy demonic place of worship. Zombies would flip burgers, clean hallways etc. I don't know what lost souls or the pain elemental would do.

Pure Hellspawn said:

I don't know what lost souls or the pain elemental would do.

The PEs would be fairly worthless since there could only be 21 Lost Souls in the entire world. Maybe they could deliver pizzas (their mouths look roasty, so they could keep it warm). Delivery time would suck, though.

You know, as I read this, the words "Million Demon March" keeps popping in my head.

Dgon92 said:

You know, as I read this, the words "Million Demon March" keeps popping in my head.

As I read the words "Million Demon March" a scene where one man stands on the starting platform of Nuts, speaking down to the congregation below pops up in my head,

Most would end up doing physically demanding jobs, the most "handsome" of the bunch could even pursue a career as professional bodybuilders and the most intelligent ones would perhaps aid science in someway, like the Archvile.

Not to mention that they would all make awesome additions to any nation's armed forces.

Considering how they attack humans on sight and fight among each other easily, I don't see how they'd be such a good addition.

I also wouldn't rely on soldiers that tend to get stuck on doors and ledges :p

I would get a pet Arch Vile. Then I would have a nice, easy solution if I died or if my coffee got cold.

printz said:
We wouldn't feel comfortable around demons, even if they're not out to kill us. Different habits, uncivilized behaviour, innate aggresivity and higher strength make them hard to adapt to. In other words, they'd be disruptive.

Hmm, sounds like I might be a demon, though I suppress the aggression just barely enough to hold a job in corporate america.

If there were demons among us, God help any cyberdemon that comes close to Maes.

Living amongst humans isn't easy for bloodcrazed hellspawn with poor social skills. They're an annoying, irrational, argumentative lot who have little respect for the cultural sensitivities of other species and usually deserve having their heads ripped off.

Another problem would be the crimes these things would be capable of, i don't even want to think of what it would be like to be mugged by a revenant.

printz said:

...even if they're not out to kill us. Different habits, uncivilized behaviour, innate aggresivity and higher strength make them hard to adapt to. In other words, they'd be disruptive.

Most of that (with the exception of higher strength - and I can even make a case for that) could just as easily apply to those stupid animals known as humans. ;)

myk said:

Considering how they attack humans on sight and fight among each other easily, I don't see how they'd be such a good addition.

I also wouldn't rely on soldiers that tend to get stuck on doors and ledges :p

But myk, the premise of the thread is that we made peace with the deamons, so I would at least presume this to mean that they wouldn't be any more aggressive towards us than we already are. Don't forget, there are already humans that fight among each other easily and attack others on sight, as sad as it can be. Homo homini lupus.

If anything, the low intelligence of certain species would never make them disciplined enough to use in a regular army, but those at least smart enough to recognize a pack leader and hold an allegiance could be made parts of special assault teams, while the dumbest ones could the very least be cloned and used as cannon fodder or shock troops. After all, a pinky can draw 14 bullets before dying, and each bullet a pinky takes is a bullet a human doesn't take ;-)

Isle said:

i want a pet cacodemon

And I want Hissy sent to me but life sucks.

Ultraboy94: Consider living with the Doom 3 lot, I don't think they could be domesticated.