Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheeXile

Need some ridiculously hard puzzle maps

I'm in need of a few maps of the ludicrously difficult puzzler variety (preferably with coop). Think Eternal Doom map30, for instance. Stuff that only comes from sick-minded sadistic geniuses. But nothing that's hard simply because of suckass design, mind you.

Know of any good ones offhand?

I once implemented the nym game in Zdoom. Nym is an ancient brainteaser, which you have to figure out in this wad. Once you understood how nym works, it is actually very easy, but I know many people which gave up on this eventually.
It's not a coop wad, though. http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12586
Besides nym, there are quite some secrets to look for in this map.

LogicDeLuxe said:

I once implemented the nym game in Zdoom. Nym is an ancient brainteaser, which you have to figure out in this wad. Once you understood how nym works, it is actually very easy, but I know many people which gave up on this eventually.
It's not a coop wad, though. http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12586

Whoa. That was kinda entertaining. I didn't win, but I think I can see what's at work. I'll have to play it a bit more.

Isn't it spelled Nim, though?

TheeXile said:

Isn't it spelled Nim, though?

I've seen several variants of the name. Not surprising for a game older than any spelling rules.

There seems to have been a puzzle WAD trend lately, at least on the ZDoom forums. Bagheadspidey just released Zokoban - Sokoban in ZDoom. (It's first-person only, though... so the gameplay suffers a bit.)

Isle released ZCyberSweeper a little while ago, which I might add is liquid awesome.

Aaaaand... then there's Blocks of Doom II. :P

Didn't Eternal Doom have an extra map called CyberSweeper? That one was fun.

Also: Anyone know of any good Myst-like maps?

LogicDeLuxe said:

I downloaded your wad but ended up having no idea whatsoever on what to do. Never hearing of the Nym game before, I'm just clueless again. You mind describing the rules here? The txt said there were some detailed rules but they just ended up being something about no cheating.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out the switch in the cyberdemon room actually does work, it wasn't working for me earlier. Interesting game it is.

Aldaraia said:

The txt said there were some detailed rules but they just ended up being something about no cheating.

Did you actually read the real nym.txt file and not the truncated version which is displayed on the download page?

There's also Heretic Puzzle World.

TheeXile said:

Didn't Eternal Doom have an extra map called CyberSweeper? That one was fun.

Well, the author said it was inspired by Eternal Doom.