Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moshman

Absolute Damage?

Is there a way to set damage, because it seem to be at random taking upwards of 15 damage when the damage value is 1.

You need to be a bit more specific. Vanilla doom and most source ports aren't capable of this in any form I'm aware of. ZDoom on the other hand, can do this just fine with DECORATE.

This doesn't appear to be possible when defining the damage inflicted by bullet attacks.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing/45391-can-you-prevent-bullet-damage-from-being-randomized/

See that thread for some discussion of this subject, and ideas about what won't work; the issue was never resolved, but I stopped bringing it up at the end because no one thought up any working solutions and I had other problems I wanted to solve.

Hmm, that could be a problem, if this is the case you could make a projectile that acts like a hitscan attack, an extremely high speed and tiny radius, e.g. 2x2 (1x1 causes collision problems, projectiles travelling through closed doors etc.)
This leads to another problem however, as there is no way to set a vertical angle for player weapons, which is quite silly really, you would have to further hack this by using verticle thing thrusting.
Yep, it reaks of hax but it would work