Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Best Band names?

I know I've heard a lot of great band names. But the only band I listen to a lot with a name I like is Oingo Boingo so I'll have to stick with that for now.

I also remember hearing about a band (I think punk) called the Screeching Weasels. I recall not liking the song, but the name was hilarious.

Hellbent said:

I think Jane's Addiction is a great band name. They are back on tour!

I saw them at Lolapalooza back in 2004. They were pretty good, though I think A Perfect Circle and Audioslave were the highlights of that show. Anyway, on topic...

Throbbing Gristle
Anal Cunt
The Fartz
Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

And then there are those bands that just make the conversation harder to follow:

The Who
The Band
Yes

Danarchy said:

And then there are those bands that just make the conversation harder to follow:

The Who
The Band
Yes

Don't forget Them

The Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band
Big Brother and The Holding Company
Bobby 'Boris' Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers

In this day and age, it's the easily searchable names the ones that stand out. Fuck '!!!', for example. While nothing particularly interesting, Nine Inch Nails benefits from the fact searching for 'nin' also triggers result from 'nine inch nails'.

Zaldron said:

In this day and age, it's the easily searchable names the ones that stand out. Fuck '!!!', for example. While nothing particularly interesting, Nine Inch Nails benefits from the fact searching for 'nin' also triggers result from 'nine inch nails'.

Speaking of bands that are hard to find on the internet, there's Download. Seriously impossible to find on P2Ps and the like just because of their name.

The Flaming Lips, The Floydian Slip, Yes, the Guess Who, and there's something to be said for how awesome Juno Reactor sounds when you think about it.

Danarchy said:

Speaking of bands that are hard to find on the internet, there's Download. Seriously impossible to find on P2Ps and the like just because of their name.

How about 2 letter band names? Almost no search engines take these in consideration.

Danarchy said:

The Who
The Band
Yes

The The and the Pop Group can be added to that list. I think the Wannadies is a good band name. I don't like band names that are self consciously wierd or in bad taste like Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band or Cannibal Corpse.

The Be Sharps. Witty at first, but that seems less funny each time you hear it...

A few more might be Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, and Assemblage 23. All favorites of mine, both for their name and music.

The last one is also cool because you can abbreviate it "Ass 23".

Skinny Puppy
The Dead Kennedys
The Tony Danza Tap-Dancing Extravaganza
R.E.O. Speed Dealer
Transsexual Tendencies
The New York Super Scum
Nailshitter
Revolting Cocks
Big Black
The Butthole Surfers

SAVAGE ANIMAL!!!!11